WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... I just ordered a M23.

The decision to order this particular watch has been a long and arduous process, to say the least.

Several weeks ago I had my radar locked in an a V4, for no other reason than the fact I am a big fan of rose gold. However, after recently examining a striking M43 at the Gathering in Atlanta, I was convinced that it was the watch I REALLY needed. I had been wanting a white-faced watch to compliment my attire on those casual "Tommy Bahama" (Hawaiian shirt) days and the M43 seemed just the watch to fill-the-bill. Nevertheless, despite my certainty about the M43, it was not to be. As I was about to place the order, I took a few minutes and casually perused the beautiful M-Tungsten line. Suddenly, like the Lost in Space Robot flailing his arms and shouting "DANGER WILL ROBINSON," the past warning from others on this forum registered in my brain, reminding me that the LT tungsten line was rapidly depleting, and if I wanted one I had better act fast. Accordingly, and despite the retribution I was sure to receive from "she who must be obeyed," I decided to purchase a M26. Happy with my decision, I attempted to place my order, only to find that the M26 was "out of stock."

CRAP!!

Disappointed, I took a few days and "regrouped." After considerable consideration, I then decided that a M23 would make a great substitute for the out-of-stock M26, but when I ventured online to order the M23, I found it, too, was "out of stock."

DOUBLE CRAP!!

Fast forward to this this past Friday (May 4th), late afternoon. I returned home after being out of town for several days. Let me stop here and say that when I am out of town I do NOT carry a computer of any kind. Therefore, I have no way of checking email or keeping up with the online world. Yeah .... I know a smart phone would address all those issues, but the truth is, I'm not smart enough for a smart phone. Sorry ... I have, without remorse, allowed technology to escape my primitive abilities. My cell phone, in fact, is just one step above one of those "Jitterbug" things. Anyway ... back to point ... after going through my email upon my return home, I decided to check the LT website and LO AND BEHOLD the "Out-Of-Stock" flag that was there earlier in the week for the M23 was magically missing. I immediately placed my order and soon received an order confirmation from LT. YAY! Hopefully, I will receive a shipment notification tomorrow (Monday). If that happens, I am sure to be sporting it on my wrist (in the darkness of my closet) by Thursday.

What next? Not sure. After healing from the physical beat-down I am sure to receive from "she who must be obeyed" for my M23 purchase, I still plan on purchasing the M43, and I will also probably put a deposit on one of the new 300-series watches. I also have my eye on a yellow-faced Cave Dweller by Boschett. However, thanks to forum members, gaopa and Rusty, my primary goal is that by the end of this year to purchase a "grail" watch from either the Omega or Doxa line. NOTE: If I happen to "go missing" after making the Omega or Doxa purchase, please check behind my shed for a patch of freshly tilled soil ... just sayin.

Oh ... just to be clear ... put me firmly in the Bleu Cheese category (although Ranch is a perfectly acceptable substitute).

OkeefenokeeJoe

·
Registered
128 Posts
... I just ordered a M23.

The decision to order this particular watch has been a long and arduous process, to say the least.
<<some stuff deleted >>

Disappointed, I took a few days and "regrouped." After considerable consideration, I then decided that a M23 would make a great substitute for the out-of-stock M26, but when I ventured online to order the M23, I found it, too, was "out of stock."

DOUBLE CRAP!!

Fast forward to this this past Friday (May 4th), late afternoon. I returned home after being out of town for several days. Let me stop here and say that when I am out of town I do NOT carry a computer of any kind. Therefore, I have no way of checking email or keeping up with the online world. Yeah .... I know a smart phone would address all those issues, but the truth is, I'm not smart enough for a smart phone. Sorry ... I have, without remorse, allowed technology to escape my primitive abilities. My cell phone, in fact, is just one step above one of those "Jitterbug" things. Anyway ... back to point ... after going through my email upon my return home, I decided to check the LT website and LO AND BEHOLD the "Out-Of-Stock" flag that was there earlier in the week for the M23 was magically missing. I immediately placed my order and soon received an order confirmation from LT. YAY! Hopefully, I will receive a shipment notification tomorrow (Monday). If that happens, I am sure to be sporting it on my wrist (in the darkness of my closet) by Thursday.
<<some stuff deleted>>

OkeefenokeeJoe

I had a very similar experience. After much hemming and hawing, I decided to pull the trigger on an M23, and found them out of stock. Dismayed, I browsed and browsed and, as you indicated, like magic, M23 was back in stock. Bes communicated the hairy story to me. There were only a handful left when they went back to "in stock" status last week. You and I might have got the last two!

Looking VERY forward to receiving mine sometime this week!

- mvk666

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
That is quite a story! Thanks for sharing! Eager to see pics of your watch when you get it. Cheers, Bill P.

·
Registered
45 Posts
M23

I was hoping to snag one of those also........... I also admire the M50. I've never owned a pvd watch so I wanted to wait until i got the M62 to see if I like it or not. I hope there is still a M23 left. If not, it won't make my decision any easier, since there are a couple of others that I admire also, like the B2

1 - 5 of 5 Posts