WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My grandfathers Bulova Spaceview has been sitting in a box since 1976. It was given to me recently and had it checked out and tweaked. I remember him wearing it as a boy so its a family keepsake. Runs like a champ and still looks good after all these years. I plan on wearing it when I can. I have only recently been 'learning' about these watches so I am looking forward to learning alot via this forum. I went from restoring muscle-cars to starting to collect watches. Much easier on the back and shoulders...

Reactions: thumbs and SAM2

Registered
Holy Cow, that's a nice one, you got lucky ! It even has the coffin link bracelet. I am surprised by your sign in name of M2 I would have guessed that watch would be an M3.
I share your love of muscle cars. I did a body off the frame restoration of a totally original 1966 Chevelle SS 396 convertible and that was a learning experience. I learned to never do that again.
Do you intend to collect any particular type of watch ?

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I really don't have any one watch I am collecting. I have the Spaceview which is a family keep-sack along with a new Bulova, one older LCD Seiko and a new one and an old Hamilton Railway Pocketwatch. I collect coins also. My last muscle car restoration was a 1970 Plymouth GTX 440 6 barrel (Purple). Alot of work!!!!! Its in Sweden now. I am getting too old to crawl under cars anymore. I just sold a 2007 Roush Redfire 427R Mustang. It just sat too much in the garage. Love my hobbies but they are ever changing. You a pilot? I am an commercial aircraft mechanic.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice Spaceview. If it is M2 then it is a first year example.
Yes it is an M2. The guy that tweaked it for me said it looks to be all original and in great shape. I have tried to take a pic of the back (without glare) with both my camera and cell phone. None has turned up a good pic yet. I wasn't aware that M2's were that rare till I started researching abit. I sure love that 'hum'. It hasn't done that since 1976 when my grandfather died. Been siiting in a watch box at my dad's home until he told me to have it recently and i sent it out to get 'tweaked recently'. Got it back today.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I have to say I have been learning alot about these Spaceviews. I took a few more pics of mine. Although I knew that my Yellow Dot was probably 100% original since my Granddad was the only person to own it, I was curious non the less to 'compare' and learn the uniqueness of the 'B" yellow Dot. The pic of the back didn't turn out well. There is alot of reflection in that pic and a few fingerprint smudges.

Reactions: thumbs

Registered
Well I have to say I have been learning alot about these Spaceviews. I took a few more pics of mine. Although I knew that my Yellow Dot was probably 100% original since my Granddad was the only person to own it, I was curious non the less to 'compare' and learn the uniqueness of the 'B" yellow Dot. The pic of the back didn't turn out well. There is alot of reflection in that pic and a few fingerprint smudges.
Yes, it is a steep learning curve! :biggrin: You have a beautiful watch and one to be proud of.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.