WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to start shooting in RAW instead of JPEG.My Photshop Elements 6 does not read my photos in RAW.[neither does my computer]So what programs would you advice me to look at.I am not looking to spend $300 or $400 but would go about $150.Also am looking for a simple program to use.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Sometimes the software that comes with the camera will enable you to convert from Raw.

Im currently using Lightroom 3 I like but not sure If it fits in the budget.

GQSTEW From N.Y.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

·
Registered
15,309 Posts
$99 is all you need to do some 'serious' RAW editing.....

Tour best bet would be Lightroom 4 for $149 that also includes the latest Adobe Raw converter.
(you can try it for free)
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4

Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 ($99) is a very powerful software as well and also includes
the latest Adobe Raw converter:
Adobe Photoshop Elements 10

you can download Adobe Camera Raw (as well as DNG converter for 350+ cameas
here but believe you will have to install one of the above SW first:
http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/thankyou.jsp?ftpID=5310&fileID=4941

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
X2 on Elements 10 - it's basically full Photoshop from a few years ago, does everything Lightroom does (including photo management) and tons more for cheaper

That said, I fell for the e-thug "real photographers shoot RAW" line a while back, too. Suffice it to say I spent some time tuning the JPG engine in the camera and I'm back to JPG.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks GQSTEW,Watchfan1 and tc am going to download Elements 10 and Lightroom 4 free trial's soon and see which one works best for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts