WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have recently inherited an Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch from my father. I knew it was something special and it has been fascinating researching the watch and uncovering more about it. The Moonwatch of this era is a such fascinating piece, the more I read the more I understand the appeal.

From what I have been able to figure out it looks like a circa 1968 Pre moon Professional with the c312. It has the 2 step case back. It has the 7912 (rare I hear) bracelet which functions perfectly.

The watch was worn for most of its life by my father and works perfectly bar a non zeroing chronograph, although the stop/start function works. As far as I know it is 100% original. It was well worn so has scratches on the plexiglass crystal commensurate with age, but the case and strap are very clean.

I would be most interested if anyone else could shed some light on the images they see here, and let me know if I a right or wrong in my assumptions. I am very much a novice so I genuinely appreciate your insight and expertise.

Many thanks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Adam, it is not an easy decision, but whoever ends up with the watch will hopefully appreciate and enjoy it rather than just file it away for years. My Dad would approve of it having a second life.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.