WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

advice on diver with chronograph

3K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  Broly 
#1 ·
In the last few days I've spent a bit of time reading this forum and looking on the websites recommended. I just stumbled on to this and have never had any interest in watches up until two days ago (and I'm realizing that it's extremely addictive). I really like the Invicta Pro Diver Automatic 8926, and it seems like a good price. However, I'd much prefer if it had a chronograph... Can anyone recommend a model that is basically the same - including price - but with a chronograph? Also, does the chronograph make any difference to the durability of the watch? Do diver watches come with chronographs, or will a chronograph necessarily be a different style of watch, eg, without bezel, not automatic? Thanks for all your help,
D

#2 ·
oooh, I'm afraid I know nothing about chronographs... but diver's watches and chronos are usually two different things.. there are diver's that are also chronos, but I know nothing about them.

would you be getting this chrono wet? I bet 50m or 100m rated chronos are more plentiful than 200m and above rated chronos..

a chrono expert will need to help you, more than 3 hands and I'm lost..

welcome, it is addictive isn't it?

diver88:thumbup1:

#4 ·
The 8926 is an automatic, Invicta currently doesn't make an auto chronograph in that price range. but there others that do. As far a Invicta goes, you have the quartz Speedway that can be had for under 100.
Invicta Men's Speedway Chronograph Stainless Steel 9211

If you up the price factor, Invicta has a ton of watches that are chronograph's & dive style watches. Check out their catalog online!

Other affordable brands that come to mind are Alpha, Orient, Seiko 5..there are many more.

Welcome to the forums! :)

#8 · (Edited)
If you want to stay inside a certain price point, then I advise looking for a quartz model chronograph w/ at least 200 meters WR and with a screw down crown and pushers. Any of the various Japanese or Swiss quartz chrono movements are very reliable and accurate. Invicta has made a considerable number of models that fit the criteria. So have other brands. Pick your watch based on what is easy to read and what case size will suit you best. Shop the net and see what is available. Good luck.

#10 ·
OK dmcn and 2156, just got it today. It's not from one of the sponsors so I don't believe I can give the seller/price info. Let's just say that the price was very reasonable for a watch of this quality.

Well it's a 40mm which is just fine for me. Just a little bigger than my midsize Omega seamaster and smaller than my 43 mm Invicta Pro Diver.

Looks - looks fantastic
Screw down crown and pushers
200M water resistant rating - Most chronos in this price range are 100M
Saphire crystal
Illuminated dot at the 12:00 on the bezel

Dislikes:

None

Nitpicks:

Thereis no 1/10th second on the chronograph - just seconds and minutes :sad: not a deal breaker but I would rather have that subdial complication rather than the 24 hr subdial.

The band - Just the standard flat leaf folding diver clasp - I like the heavier duty clasp but maybe I'm spoiled by my Omega.

Overall I am very satisfied with it. Especially at the price point :biggrin:

Here are some quick pics I took. Please forgive the pic quality...

Wrist shot

Front

Back

With my 43 MM Pro Diver

#16 ·
I got my 5017 from the Shop last year for right around that same price. It's a solid watch and wears good on the arm.

As far as the 7050, it does not display in 1/5 seconds. Just whole seconds and minutes. The three subdials are as follows:
24 hr indicator
60 second indicator - this runs all the time whether the chrono is running or not.
60 min indicator - runs when chrono is engaged.

The only info that I can find on the 7050s movement is this description from the Shop. "reputable Japanese quartz chronograph movement". :001_unsure:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.