WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do people think about the 39mm explorer I? I am 24 and about to get my first rolex and want something simple, clean and classic. I don't know much about buying second hand but if you are not a fan of the explorer I can you recommend something per-owned for the same or less? I am in England if this makes a difference to availability.

Any help is much appreciated and I hope to be able to post a picture of my first soon.

Thanks
E

·
Registered
185 Posts
What do people think about the 39mm explorer I? I am 24 and about to get my first rolex and want something simple, clean and classic. I don't know much about buying second hand but if you are not a fan of the explorer I can you recommend something per-owned for the same or less? I am in England if this makes a difference to availability.

Any help is much appreciated and I hope to be able to post a picture of my first soon.

Thanks
E
A year ago I sold off a very nice Ex 1 36mm. I don't know what prompted me to sell it, but now I really wish I had it back.
I'm now looking for another late model used Ex 1, but the prices are going up and getting much harder to find a good one since the Ex 1 36mm is not sold new any more.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I sure don't see how you could go wrong with a 39mm Explorer I, it's a classic watch.
I bought my first 3 Rolexes new from a dealer and the last two used and now I see that I wasted a lot of money on the first 3. Some people speak of the AD experience but my ego doesn't need stroking that badly. My advise is to buy the seller as much as the watch. There are many very trustworthy sellers and they aren't that hard to find.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the advice all who replied and I think I am going to go with the explorer 39mm. I agree that the hands are a little short, the numbers are a little large and it would be nice if the numbers had the lume but then no watch is perfect and I think the new 39 should do everything I need. I look forward to posting a pic.

Thanks
E

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.