WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check this out - an add for 214/218 service for $90 + any parts necessary with turn-around time of 7-14 days:

·
Registered
650 Posts
Check this out - an add for 214/218 service for $90 + any parts necessary with turn-around time of 7-14 days:

Id be frightened to send my watches to anyone on the dreaded bay unless they are recommended off course.
$90 is not a bad price but it is still double to what I pay. My guy is based in the UK and a well known and recommended Accutron Guru :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just sending to him out of a clear blue sky, I would also. Think I'll send him a inquiry about his experience, etc. with our fine watches.

·
Registered
33 Posts
And even more odd, despite selling service, he sells Accutrons that aren't serviced. He also has trouble with his spelling, but I won't hold that against him too much :). I sent him a message that my eBay search on "accutron railroad" didn't find two of his watches that he has listed as "rial road". I only found them after seeing what else he has to offer by hitting the "see other items" link. I haven't heard back from him after 12 hours nor has the "auction" (Buy it Now, actually) been updated.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I also shot him an inquiry earlier today asking him for some details on his watchmaker skills and his experience with Accutrons. No response as on this time.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I got a nice message back thanking me for spotting his spelling error and he noted that he had sold one of the watches already. So, he's reading his messages. If you don't hear back from him, that's not a good sign.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Id be frightened to send my watches to anyone on the dreaded bay unless they are recommended off course.
$90 is not a bad price but it is still double to what I pay. My guy is based in the UK and a well known and recommended Accutron Guru :thumbup:
Hi Jake.
I am new on the forums and I
have 2 spaceviews which need
servicing.

I am in the UK and wonder
if you could send me contact
details for the man who
services your accutrons :)
One of my accutrons runs slow and
the other is fast.

Thanks for any help you
can give me.
Alf :)

·
Registered
650 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Thanks for the info Jake.
I will contact him soon :)
Hi mate,

I would recommend his service but if your watch is special or rare, I would be very careful to have any parts replaced at this stage.

Should you require any parts changing then ask to see a picture and makesure that the parts are to your liking. Replaced parts should be returned back to you.

I am having a few problems at the moment however he is working with me to resolve them.

Regards,

·
Registered
235 Posts
Hi mate,

I would recommend his service but if your watch is special or rare, I would be very careful to have any parts replaced at this stage.

Should you require any parts changing then ask to see a picture and makesure that the parts are to your liking. Replaced parts should be returned back to you.

I am having a few problems at the moment however he is working with me to resolve them.

Regards,
Jake,

I contacted Paul recently after going through his web site (acquired a great deal of knowledge from the site...) and find his fees very attractive especially for an old coot like me (84) on a very restrictive stipend...

The only problem I see is the freight from here to there and back. I'm interested in your total experience with Paul's services and while I assume he actually has a brick & mortar business there in BRIGHTON BN1 5FE, he has not confirmed this to me.

Please fill me in on your adventures...

OliverB

I wonder if you ever received any communication back from the person who placed the $90.00 service for 214/218 'Trons on the Bay? I queried him this past week, seeing he is not all that far from me over in Lancaster County... I did receive the following text from him, appears he is a hobbyist at present...

"Hi, I learned Accutron repair from a man named Jim Michael's at the NAWCCs school of horology, Jim has worked on Accutrons since their creation and taught us the ins and out of the watch and the tricks to its service. Since then, I have serviced about 15 of my own, and 5 or so for locals, In fact i just finished up a 214 Astronaut. Overall my experience has been tough but good, adjusting the jewel fingers can take some serious time and patience, but after a few seriously bent ones, I got the hang of it and now they go by pretty fast. Beyond the index fingers its all down to the cleanliness, which ultrasonics take care of quite well. My Phone number is 386-299-1066 My email is [email protected] and my address is

Michael Bohl
515 Locust St.
Columbia, PA 17512."

Just posting this for the general information of the users here that might be looking for new talent in our ongoing quest to preserve the ACCU's, be they ACCUQUARTZ or ACCUTRONS...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts