WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening, I’m looking for some specific information for a restoration project.

Should be a 2182 movement, correct? Hand set is also wrong, it should be pointed white, lume filled, not Mercedes. It’s a conversion

Any idea if it’s a Bulova conversion? I can’t see a name on the movement. Case back

MLB 7526. Can someone tell me a part number for the hand set?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
Seiko (epson/hattori) vx43. Definitely not a bulova conversion, (they’re cheap movements about $8 from material houses)

·
Registered
376 Posts
7526 is a valid Bulova case number, but too late for my 1974 book. It's listed in the back section of case numbers that were made after the book layout was already done.

I am pretty sure you are right that this was a 2182, and happily the dial feet are still there. Restoring this will be straightforward. Aside from hands, it might be tricky to find day/date wheels for crown at 3, date at 3, flat dial. The crown may be tricky too, they are very deep, and I think they are double O-ring.

·
Premium Member
5,460 Posts
What are the column headings for those part numbers?

I have a 7526-2
Sadly, the info you ask about along with a lot of other tech stuff is now hidden in one reference thread and I have noticed through many emails and questions lately that nobody seems to even know they still exist. IMHO they should have NEVER been moved from the main Bulova Accutron page. If they aren't easily visible, people don't search.

Having said that, here is the link to the 1979 ABC Case Parts Supplement #1 Link. It will have all the info you need for your 7526-2.
1979 Case Parts Supplement Link

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Sadly, the info you ask about along with a lot of other tech stuff is now hidden in one reference thread and I have noticed through many emails and questions lately that nobody seems to even know they still exist. IMHO they should have NEVER been moved from the main Bulova Accutron page. If they aren't easily visible, people don't search.

Having said that, here is the link to the 1979 ABC Case Parts Supplement #1 Link. It will have all the info you need for your 7526-2.
Much appreciated

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What are the column headings for those part numbers?

I have a 7526-2
Magnetchief, you’ve got the green dial version, correct?
I just picked up this

Trying to branch out into the Accutron colors

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
7526 is a valid Bulova case number, but too late for my 1974 book. It's listed in the back section of case numbers that were made after the book layout was already done.

I am pretty sure you are right that this was a 2182, and happily the dial feet are still there. Restoring this will be straightforward. Aside from hands, it might be tricky to find day/date wheels for crown at 3, date at 3, flat dial. The crown may be tricky too, they are very deep, and I think they are double O-ring.
It’s a 74 watch, so odd it’s not in your book. I’m not sure when they were introduced, wanna bet 74?

Did the 2182 with the 3:00 setting have a different designation? 2182GS or similar?

·
Registered
524 Posts
It’s a 74 watch, so odd it’s not in your book. I’m not sure when they were introduced, wanna bet 74?

Did the 2182 with the 3:00 setting have a different designation? 2182GS or similar?

Not different, just a 2182. It is just rotated in the case to line the stem at 3. As Chris said, the date rings are a bit hard to find, being one for a flat dial and taller than a normal 2182, not to mention the text rotated to suit the different movement position. There is a 2182F and 2182G variation of the 2182 which has an additional stem position to operate a battery cut off switch. I don't recall having seen any of those variations in a 666ft.

You will have to use a case spring if you revert it to a 2182.

If the dial feet are still intact, then very likely this was a Bulova conversion as they used special movement rings that had dial holes in them. And yes, they used a variety of really cheap quartz movements for their conversions too,

Regards, Rob

·
Registered
524 Posts

Totally agree with you. It is real backward step hiding all the stickies, especially for people new to Accutrons. Perhaps we can ask the "powers that be" to put them back where they belong.

Rob

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Totally agree with you. It is real backward step hiding all the stickies, especially for people new to Accutrons. Perhaps we can ask the "powers that be" to put them back where they belong.

Rob
Yeah I agree. Consolidating them seemed like a good idea at the time, but now there is significantly less contribution to any of them due to the lack of visibility. I think at least a few should get brought back to the main page: case number research, and a few reference threads.

As far as the watch goes, good luck finding the handset. The lume plots are fatter than a normal deep sea 666 handset. I have not seen any on ebay. I eventually gave up with my automatic bulova snorkel missing its hands and sold it.

·
Super Moderator
172 Posts
I moved the case number research back to the top of the page as a sticky. Please DM me for other suggestions to "reverse" some of these consolidations.

The intent at the time was to clean up the first page, at one time it was almost all stickies.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah I agree. Consolidating them seemed like a good idea at the time, but now there is significantly less contribution to any of them due to the lack of visibility. I think at least a few should get brought back to the main page: case number research, and a few reference threads.

As far as the watch goes, good luck finding the handset. The lume plots are fatter than a normal deep sea 666 handset. I have not seen any on ebay. I eventually gave up with my automatic bulova snorkel missing its hands and sold it.
Looks like I’ve got a handset incoming. Second hand will be difficult, it’s got that specific counterweight. But good things come to those who wait and wait and wait and wait....

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah, I bid to $325 to have a nicer bezel and bracelet. I didnt expect it to go that high.
My bid didn’t even get registered, it was already surpassed/sniped. That green one’s a funny one, since I bought my red dial and blue dial for less in the past 6 months. The market for Bulova vintage colored “Stella” is getting hotter

1 - 18 of 18 Posts