WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a thank you shout out for the discussions regarding Accutron 214, 218 repairs and info on the best repairman per your experiences. Decided Rob in Thailand sounded excellent so I sent three watches to him. I also have picked up a Bulova Blue Snorkel 1974, and Heuer Verona 1981 Twin remembering reading about these companies on Watch Forum. Having a lot of fun hunting for watches in Eugene, Or.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So far it's good, Rob stays in touch with you about time frame and what you'd like done, i've got two coming back and a third one later, he needs a certain part for it. I expect i'll be sending more to him.

· Super Moderator
190 Posts
Literally dozens of watches over the last several years back and forth from East TN to Thailand and back, never an issue. Well, Covid and the simultaneous transportation anomalies certainly have slowed things down since 2020, but I always have two going and two coming all the time, nary a hiccup, just slower.

· Registered
455 Posts
I do have a relatively local guy I’ve been using. He’s just mainly a technician though, has the right equipment, can clean, sorta phase, and knows enough to diagnose what parts are working and what are not. I’ve had him work on a couple 218’s and a 219 with varying degrees of success. He’s got two right now with dead coils, so I sources a $25 grab bag of 218 parts in hopes there’s two working coils. Fingers crossed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts