WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone new how to register your accutron watch for the 5 year warranty. I purchased my Gemini about 3 weeks ago, but have not been able to register it. There was only the watch, an instruction manual and a pillow in the Accutron Box it came in. But yet the manual states, "The 5-year warranty is valid only if the enclosed Warranty Reply Form is completed and returned within 60 days of purchase." I have googled over and over and have not been able to find anything of an Accutron Warranty Reply Form. So guys, what gives? :confused1: I really don't want it to default to a 2 year warranty.

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
Hey Ivan, glad to have you onboard! :cool1:

My guess is that you bought the watch from an online seller that probably had a notation somewhere on their site stating that they were not an Authorized Accutron dealer. Just a guess. If that is the case then they probably offer their own 2 year warranty. Unless the seller is an Authorized Dealer, the factory warranty is ineffective. If I've guessed right, that explains why you didn't get the Accutron warranty form.

Of course, if you buy your Accutron watch from an Authorized Dealer (and there are a few on the net) chances are you will probably end of paying more for the watch. So when making a purchase you should weigh your savings on price against the possibility you might, by chance, need the extra time on the warranty. This is usually not something to be overly concerned about, especially in watches with quartz movements. I doubt you would ever really need any service on a quartz powered Accutron within 5 years anyway, unless it's having a replacement battery installed in it sometime between now and then. The Gemini has an Automatic mechanical movement in it. The normal recommended routine servicing for those movements is usually around every 5 years anyway. So, unless something goes seriously wrong with your watch it probably wouldn't do you much good anyway because I doubt that the factory warranty even covers routine servicing like cleaning and oiling of the movement.

In the future though, if that's just something you feel you would rather have, make sure that you read all the information on the seller's webpage concerning the particular brand of watch you're considering purchasing. Some online sellers are Authorized Dealers for some brands, while not Authorized Dealers for other brands they offer. But most offer some type of warranty, nevertheless. I've bought several watches this way to save money up front and I've never had any problems.

Now, if you check and see that they do advertise as an Authorized Dealer of Accutron watches, then I would communicate to them that I didn't receive my Accutron warranty form. If not, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Alton thanks for the reply and info. I actually bought the watch from Amazon.com when it was on sale. On the page it was advertised as brand new with "Warranty: 5 year limited warranty on all Accutron watches Items included: Owner's manual, Accutron watch warranty material.'' It was sold by "Watchzone" and ''fulfilled by Amazon''. So I had assumed it would come with the warranty ya know?

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
Hey Alton thanks for the reply and info. I actually bought the watch from Amazon.com when it was on sale. On the page it was advertised as brand new with "Warranty: 5 year limited warranty on all Accutron watches Items included: Owner's manual, Accutron watch warranty material.'' It was sold by "Watchzone" and ''fulfilled by Amazon''. So I had assumed it would come with the warranty ya know?
If it is advertised as such, I would fully expect them to honor that! :mellow: Why not try contacting them by phone or email and hold their feet to the fire? :confused1:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts