WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello and thank you for letting me join, is it okay to ask your opinion of the 62 B on eBay? I am looking for a B and I am trying to sharpen my skills of finding a original one. Any help would be appreciated about the price and condition and if the band is correct. Thank You Steve

·
Premium Member
5,505 Posts
If you're looking at the $1300.00 one, that one is not correct. It sports a 2 wire coil assembly which wasn't seen on the factory appearing 62-64 Spaceview B Yellow Dots. No telling what date code the pillar plate has. That watch is probably a slap-together watch, Not bad but not correct, and overpriced for the things wrong with it.

You might review this tech info for correct appearing Spaceview B Yellow Dots.

62-64 Spaceview B Yellow Dot Tech info.

·
Super Moderator
15,788 Posts
.... is it okay to ask your opinion of the 62 B on eBay?...
Hi, Steve! Not only is it all right, This is something we ALWAYS encourage our new members to do. Nobody is born with this info. You have to learn it. You can take the hard way and wade through a myriad of books, magazine articles, and chat room discussions. Or, take the easy way: find people who are familiar with the subject and simply ask for their help!
The more questions you ask, the fewer mistakes you can make. And THAT will make your budding hobby infinitely more enjoyable! Never ever be shy in coming here to ask a knowledgeable member for his opinion, And remember....we don't have closing hours. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your kind reply’s, its nice to be welcomed to a forum when you are starting out. I will definitely go over the yellow dot info to help me try and find a authentic piece. Thank You again- Steve

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
It took me nearly 2 years to source all the parts to build a spaceview B. It's mainly the hands and crystal that are tough to find.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts