WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a Bulova Accutron model 65C001. The only info I can get are from websites outside the US. It does not appear on the Bulova website. Does anyone have any info regarding this model? It does not appear on the Bulova website.

65C001.jpg

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
It seems to have been made in the Ukraine and may have ETA Valjoux 7750 movement. Do all the chronograph functions work? Post some good macros of the movement when you get time.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Accutron 65C001 - Pics of movement

Thanks for the info. Yes all the chronograph functions work?

I bought the watch New from Costco last week. I paid $469. The A7 on the back I believe refers to 2007, so maybe it was new old stock. I called Bulova, they confirmed it was a real model that was first released in 2007, however it has since been discontinued. The rep stated the retail price would have been $1785. This was all the info they were willing to provide. My concern with this watch is the lack of information regarding this model on the web(specs., pricing, etc). It seems the only info available resides on foreign websites. The only model that I could find that looks similar is the Accutron VX200. Was this a good deal for a potentially 4-5 year old watch considering it was in new condition when purchased, or are there reasons to be concerned? Costco states that the factory warranty is not valid however if it is or becomes defective they will repair or replace it or issue a complete refund.

Here are some Pics of the movement.

DSC_0578.jpg DSC_0579.jpg DSC_0580.jpg DSC_0581.jpg

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Rob,
Let your heart not be troubled. The movement in your watch is the real deal. Any time you can pick up a new watch with the Valjoux 7750 for less than $500, you did good. There is a used A6 Gemini with a blue dial on The Swamp now that went over that price with three days to go. I am still mystified by the lack of info on your particular number but if you search for "Accutron 65C00" you should find what you are looking for. The most common VX-200 is the 28Cxx with a red and black bezel. The last two numbers indicate dial color and/or type of band.
That is what I know but this is what I think I know. Your watch was Swiss made for the Ukrainian market. In the United States they were one of several watches in the VX-200 collection but yours is from the Bulova Sport Collection, a Ukrainian thing. Costco found some in a warehouse, probably in Switzerland, that never made it to the Ukraine and you got a great deal.
Accutron VX200 Video Review - YouTube
Did you get the instruction book and is it in English?
Take care when setting the day/date function on you Valjoux 7750. Follow the instructions to the letter.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The instruction book is in English as well as about 8 other languages, and the watch was packaged in a Blue Bulova Accutron box w/ Blue Bulova Pillow.

Well, thanks Sam for all the info and video link. It's good to know the watch was a good buy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts