WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any help with information on this watch would be appreciated since I'm new to this model. Marked Model: 3-496245, N3, which from what I've read indicates a 1973 model. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
You may have a rare, I think, 1973 Spaceview Cushion Case. Sometimes called a TV or Spaceview T. I don't recall any photos of the SS and gold combination on this forum or any other for that matter, but then I have a short memory. The number is not the model but a serial number. Those with a numeral preceding the dash are Swiss. Someone may be able to come up with a model ref. number but I wouldn't hold your breath. Very nice! A photo of the case back and movement would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
Not sure what you want to know that you don't already know. About all I can add is that the number you quoted is almost certainly the serial number and not the model # and the fact that the first digit is a number and not a letter tells you that it was made in Switzerland and not in the USA.
Most of the Spaceviews one sees are conversions but I see nothing about that one to suggest that it isn't an original.
There are people here who know more about Accutrons than I do and hopefully one will be along but, in the meantime, you might clarify what else you want to know.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any and all information is appreciated - I posted a bunch more pictures in an album on my profile. There is so much information out there on all the different model types - such as the "cushion case" that @sam2 mentions here. I purchased the watch at auction and it was marked as new old stock, so i'd like to confirm from those with expertise on accutrons if this is in fact a "new" 38 year old watch. Thanks very much for all assistance.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,531 Posts
Any and all information is appreciated - I posted a bunch more pictures in an album on my profile. There is so much information out there on all the different model types - such as the "cushion case" that @sam2 mentions here. I purchased the watch at auction and it was marked as new old stock, so i'd like to confirm from those with expertise on accutrons if this is in fact a "new" 38 year old watch. Thanks very much for all assistance.
I have a similar one with this odd shape...(they all seem to be round)

They are very cool!:thumbup1:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts