WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
You inspired me to see how many Accuquartz watches I have. Sadly I only have three. I have always liked the idea of quartz accuracy with tuning fork indexing. Until Rob returned the only running Accuquartz I have I had no idea they would be as accurate as mine is, not that it really matters that much.

I also didn't realize how many styles there were. You guys have displayed an impressive representation.

Thanks for sharing. (y) o_O
View attachment 227801 View attachment 227802

View attachment 227803
I seem to remember an accuracy of +/- 3 minutes/year if properly regulated. Could be wrong about that though, been some time since I researched details about that movement.

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
I seem to remember an accuracy of +/- 3 minutes/year if properly regulated. Could be wrong about that though, been some time since I researched details about that movement.
Thanks, I never bothered to try and find out. Right now it is 3 to 4 seconds fast per week wearing it part time which is about what you said. I think Accutrons are under rated let alone the Accuquartz.

·
Registered
107 Posts
The very first tuning fork Bulova in my collection was, and still is, this Accuquartz with a three facet crystal and blue dial. Refurbished by Rob B. Also thank you to Archie Goodwin for some crucial pointers as I planned that first tuning fork acquisition.

I was fortunate to find this Bulova bracelet for it (below) in just the right size, on a watch I didn’t keep.

Also, when the second hand passes under either of the horizontal facet edges at the correct angle, it can look like very much like a lightning bolt.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts