WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know how it's happened, but somehow I've ended up with a nice number of Accuquartz pieces. I quite like them.

Break out your Accuquartz pieces and show them here! Let's see all the varieties. I think I've shown all of mine below.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
I don't know how it's happened, but somehow I've ended up with a nice number of Accuquartz pieces. I quite like them.

Break out your Accuquartz pieces and show them here! Let's see all the varieties. I think I've shown all of mine below.
Got hooked on Accuquartz years ago when they weren’t very popular. Haven't added any for a good bit. All my pics are on that other service we no longer use.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Shhhh, not too loud, OliverB :) Don't tell everyone. He he he.

Yes, I kinda drifted off when I had some problems with Photobucket. Just adding pics directly from my phone currently seems alright, no? Pics showing clearly for you?

Reactions: srgray

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Vim203! How are you? Hope all is well. I'm going to take my time looking closely at these in your custom wood display box. If I recall, you have likely the largest collection of 218's around.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Vim203! How are you? Hope all is well. I'm going to take my time looking closely at these in your custom wood display box. If I recall, you have likely the largest collection of 218's around.
Hi Eric, I'm fine and in the process of making some more boxes and servicing my 219s.
Had my 85th birthday in October!
Garry

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Eric, I'm fine and in the process of making some more boxes and servicing my 219s.
Had my 85th birthday in October!
Garry
Happy birthday, Garry! Glad to hear all is well with you. That is an amazing collection of Accuquartz timepieces. Some of those integrated bracelet models "ooze" 1970's!

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sorry, forgot ro stick on the photo! View attachment 227790
Really nice, Vim. You have such an extensive collection.

That one on the far left. That's an oddity. I have one as well. Unfortunately, the Accuquartz movement I found in it needs repair, so I swapped in (keeping dial/hands the same) a working 2182. Unusual in that the dial has "quartz" on it, but the day of the week is represented by 3 letters, like a tuning fork 2182, (2193.10 ,2192.10, £%¥! Whatever the day/date 219 is. I can never recall it) and 2242 is. The early quartz Bulova movements I've seen used 2 letters to represent the day of the week, so I knew something was up with the one of spotted. I'll include a pic here.
What do you think about these? They were late models, evidenced by the late model cases. But why just "quartz" instead of "Accuquartz" on the dial? If I recall mine is dated 1977. How about yours? What are your thoughts about these?

Attachments

Reactions: mikeyt_53

·
Registered
580 Posts
Really nice, Vim. You have such an extensive collection.

That one on the far left. That's an oddity. I have one as well. Unfortunately, the Accuquartz movement I found in it needs repair, so I swapped in (keeping dial/hands the same) a working 2182. Unusual in that the dial has "quartz" on it, but the day of the week is represented by 3 letters, like a tuning fork 2182, (2193.10 ,2192.10, £%¥! Whatever the day/date 219 is. I can never recall it) and 2242 is. The early quartz Bulova movements I've seen used 2 letters to represent the day of the week, so I knew something was up with the one of spotted. I'll include a pic here.
What do you think about these? They were late models, evidenced by the late model cases. But why just "quartz" instead of "Accuquartz" on the dial? If I recall mine is dated 1977. How about yours? What are your thoughts about these?
I have been just as mystified as you as to why these G 3684 cases are labelled quartz and not Accuquartz. I have two of them.
Garry

·
Premium Member
705 Posts

You inspired me to see how many Accuquartz watches I have. Sadly I only have three. I have always liked the idea of quartz accuracy with tuning fork indexing. Until Rob returned the only running Accuquartz I have I had no idea they would be as accurate as mine is, not that it really matters that much.

I also didn't realize how many styles there were. You guys have displayed an impressive representation.

Thanks for sharing. (y) o_O
Watch Analog watch White Light Clock
Watch Analog watch Photograph White Light

Watch Analog watch Clock Rectangle Watch accessory

1 - 20 of 25 Posts