WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
28,405 Posts
What about you?
I owned one for a year and a half and like it a lot. They have some very nice designs and seem to be able to put many complications on a dial without making it look too busy. Their movements are usually Peseux or ETA - while not as interesting as their sole in-house caliber, they're still solid and accurate. There are a lot of good deals out there on the older NOS (new old stock) models.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I owned one for a year and a half and like it a lot. They have some very nice designs and seem to be able to put many complications on a dial without making it look too busy. Their movements are usually Peseux or ETA - while not as interesting as their sole in-house caliber, they're still solid and accurate. There are a lot of good deals out there on the older NOS (new old stock) models.
There are some amazing deals at the moment on their previous (and some current) line of watches. Watches with RRP of between 4-8k selling for 1-2k. I know RRP means little, but these are watches that actually normally sell at between 70-100% of RRP and are, at the prices available, the most outstanding value for money that I have seen.

·
Banned
737 Posts
My research indicates that ML has had an outstanding reputation for finely made watches with some interesting modifications and/or added complications to the eta movements in them. However, I would be cautious regarding the models being marketed by SWI on ShopNBC because of ShopNBC's undeclared policy of reselling returned and sometimes damaged items as new. I'd hate to spend a grand or more and get an abused watch which was returned by some ham handed bonehead after he screwed it up.

If anyone buys any, then please closely examine them of have a professional do it for you. The bargain you thought you were getting may not turn out to be quite what you expected.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts