WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As my passion for early watches continues, I picked up my fourth 'offset' crown - this one using a Lepine movement with crown at 1.30.

Its an early 1916 ELGIN Trench Watch with Offset Crown
Excellent overall condition. This watch numbers among the earliest of American wristwatches. Movement serial number 19150974 dating it to 1916

Fitted with a correct period handmade black leather Saddlers 2 piece band, In 1918 all bands were handmade!

WW1 era Elgin 0 size “trench watch“, 15 jewel, ‘offset crown.

Case by “Philadelphia Watch Case Co” with wire lugs, designed just for the band fitted. This is one of the very earliest Philadelphia offset cases, and strangely there is NO SERIAL NUMBER to the case - quite unusual i think?.

Here You go - lovely condition, perfect white enamel dial with outer red seconds track.

Look at the case - NO Serial Number - Unusual?

Some of my other 'offsets' - 3 + 1 = 4

ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS - Watch and Pictures: Mark - TrenchwatchRestorations

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
You've got a knack for picking up someone of the most beautiful watches I've seen, Adam.

Always looking at a perfect dial when I see your collection.

Amazing!

·
Banned
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You've got a knack for picking up someone of the most beautiful watches I've seen, Adam.

Always looking at a perfect dial when I see your collection.

Amazing!
Thanks, I have been lucky with my teachers/mentors.
And the face/dial is without doubt the beauty of a timepiece.
More outstanding to come.
Regards

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.