WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been on and off WTF for a while now and have had time to see other forums on other subjects (i am a guitarist and mechanic also) but over the last year or so i have had good and bad experiences on forums, i wont name names but some forums just plain suck. this is the best forum on watches around....period. i have got into many flame wars and many on-line poo flinging fights that got way out of hand, i have come to realize that forums are places where you get, and share info, and there are lots of opinionated people out there in cyberspace.if you hear something you don't agree with, share what you think without hurting someone, but if someone tries to start a fight, stir the pot, or just plane likes to fling poo, log off and chilax. NEVER explode on someone! the best thing to do is to wait and think before you say! :thumbup1: and never let anything anyone says to you hurt you, they are human beings, they make mistakes, and people are opinionated. i guess what im getting at is just don't let anything get the best of you :wink: just something i always used to do:blushing:

shane

·
Registered
7,764 Posts
I agree Shane. When I read something that gets me hot under the collar I tend to try and not reply right away but wait a while. If after an hour or two, or the next day, I feel like I need to reply then I might still do so, but I will usually reply in a much more restrained and constructive manner than if I had shot something off right away. And often I decide that it just is not worth getting into an online argument about and I let it slide.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I agree with all those comments. I witnessed a psycho and vindictive attack on another forum, of one of our members. It was totally unnecessary and misinformed, made me realize the decency of this forum and it's members. I've only been here for just on 12 months and have picked up some invaluable info and a couple of bad jokes:001_tt2: and hopefully if the finance gods smile on me I may be able to catch up with some of you this year.

Cheers to you all and have a great New Year:thumbup1:

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Great to see you back, Shane!

You're absolutely right about WTF. John and the mods do a great job, but I do believe that we have a great membership that really wants to keep this place an enjoyable place to hang out.

Don't be a stranger!

Sent from AtlantaDave's iP4 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts