WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
When I received my SCB2, new out of the box, I saw that it had a defective face. I contacted Lum Tec and was told to send it back right away, which I did, at my expense. Item was repaired and returned to me, at their expense, within hours.

A few months ago I ordered a M23. New out of the box, the winding stem fell out when I tried to set the time and date. I was told to return it immediately, which I did, at my expense. Lum Tec returned it to me, within hours, at their expense. Upon receiving my repaired M23, the winding stem fell out again the first time I tried to set the time and date. I contacted Lum Tec and was told to return it immediately, which I did, again, at my expense. As always, Lum Tec repaired the watch within hours and returned it to me, at their expense.

I generally pay $25 to overnight my watches to Lum Tec. They generally return-ship to me by USPS Priority Mail, although they did return my SCB2 by overnight delivery.

I tell you this without any complaint because I cherish my Lum Tec watches and I'm blown away at Lum Tec's quick response to repairs. Lum Tec sets the standard when it comes to customer service. However, should a company, any company, pay for return shipping when merchandise is defective right out the box? ... probably ... and Lum Tec probably would have graciously footed the bill had I asked, but I personally made the choice to NOT ask for that consideration and, instead, chose to overnight my watches to them at my expense, primarily, to satisfy my own concerns about my watch getting lost, damaged, or stolen, during shipping (the less time enroute, the less exposure to such problems). I also knew that Lum Tec would give my watches the red carpet treatment once they arrived at their facility, and that's something you cannot put a price on. I feel like I get more in return from Lum Tec, in the form of service, than the price I pay to ship my watches to them.

OkeefenokeeJoe

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.