WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This morning while visiting Dallas I had the great privilege of spending the morning with dangeruss.

I first came to know of dangeruss (Russ) from his Lum-Tec watch designs and became a fan. When we planned a trip to Dallas I contacted Russ to see if it would be possible to meet up. Russ was most accommodating and said he would come to our hotel this morning. After a nice breakfast he opened up both of the watch boxes he brought which contained 40 of the 105 watches in his collection. Russ let me look and handle the watches to my heart's content.

Russ then took me to three up scale jewelry stores to look at some fine watches. The highlight of those stores and watches was the Jaeger-LeCoultre Event at Eiseman Jewels. The Jaeger rep. from Chicago was there to show watches from their exclusive collection. One such Jaeger has an MSPR of $400K!

Russ is a VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE watch designer/collector. He was interesting to watch and listen to as he asked questions about various high line watch models at each of the stores. His authenticity was assured by the Rolex Sea Dweller on his wrist!

Sadly all too soon our morning ended and I was thrust back into the world of the mundane, but it was a morning I will not forget. Each of you would have had fun. Thanks Russ for a great morning out! Cheers, Bill P.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the report!
I am a fisrt time poster but a long time lurker. I saw his nice designs in LumTec forum.
He does some nice work !! Wow, what a collection.

·
Premium Member
6,208 Posts
Outstanding collection (or at least part of his collection) :thumbup1:.
Great of Russ to hook you up with some watch shopping fun while in Dallas, sounds like a great guy

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
Sounds like a good time. Hopefully we can get something going here in the NYC area soon once more. Like Dennis said, it's always nice to get together with fellow enthusiasts.:cool1:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts