WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am on vacation this week. We call it Winter recess and I consider it one of my non-taxable fringe benefits.:cool1:

Here is a little light reading that I would like to suggest for you Hamiltonians:

Hamilton Wristwatches by Rene' Rondeau (one of the first forum members to join our merry band of fans and one of, if not THE foremost authority on the subject)
I own a copy but unfortunately, it is out of print and only available on the secondary market for a lot of $$$. I am fortunate to own a copy

The Watch of the Future also by Rene' Rondeau. I have the latest 4th edition which is available from Amazon or Rene' at his website.

The Timekeeper, originally published by the Hamilton Watch Company and reprinted for a convention of the NAWCC in 1996. It is 40 pages and still available on the internet.

Time for America: Hamilton Watch, 1892-1992 (Hardcover) by Donald J. Sauers. Also out of print but available on the secondary market for $$$.

Collecting Watches by Shugart and Hanson. While not devoted only to Hamilton, there is a lot of Hamilton information in this little volume. I picked up a copy for $13 when I first started collecting.

Any other Hamilton-related recommendations?

·
Registered
906 Posts
I have Rene's Hamilton Wristwatches and also Time for America. Both are big thumbs up for Hamilton fans! Watch of the Future is on my buy list as well. Unfortunately I don't know of any other Hamilton books. A book with color photos of each Hamilton would be my idea of the perfect coffee table book. I've seen this for Rolex and Omega.

·
Banned
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Rene's Watch of the Future has some great color photos of the electric Hamiltons but writing one going back to the start of the company would be a Herculean task.

·
Banned
5,433 Posts
Rene's Watch of the Future has some great color photos of the electric Hamiltons but wrting one going back to the start of the company would be a Herculean task.

I've got just the man for the job!

·
Banned
5,433 Posts
Please...we must strive to stay on topic and refrain from jocularity.
This is a forum dedicated to timepieces and,therefore, we have no room for such immature and assinine comments that serve no purpose other than to make members:lol:

I thank you.:001_tt2:

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
If I may asseverate. Excuse my drollery. The continuance of the topic has been refreshed by my exhibit of fine reading material. Foghorn, your invigilate actions are not required. You might want to go off to bed now to battle your bruxism and consider this res gestae in the course of a common day. ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts