WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

A Little Embarrassing

1K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  ulackfocus 
#1 ·
#5 ·
That whistle-blower has either incredible eyesight or amazing cognitive powers. There's no way I can tell from that photograph whether it's a Breguet or a cheap but flashy quartz job!

#6 ·
Wow.. I'd expect a Breguet to run better. Must need a servicing, since it's obviously running fast. It's ascended several days too early... :laugh:

From the article, "Patriarch Kirill (leader of the church) weighed in, insisting in an interview with a Russian journalist that he had never worn the watch, and that any photos showing him wearing it must have been doctored to put the watch on his wrist." I don't care about the watch, but lying to the public about a watch? Shameful. If you're lying about such a trivial matter, what other misdeeds have you done? Plenty I'm sure.....

Oh, and I love this, they called the mistake a technical issue and said “A gross violation of our internal ethics has occurred, and it will be thoroughly investigated,” the church said in a statement. “The guilty will be severely punished.” So they're going to make an example of some poor schmuck who was probably ordered to doctor the photo? Or are they going to severely punish their lying "leader"?

#10 ·
to lie and try to cover up the fact is disgraceful. There is more to this story then just the watch, there are other corruptions and concerns, but aside from that, I see nothing wrong with a successful person having a nice watch, after all even a pope has worn PP. Just not this guy:001_rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.