WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
5,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We don't want to have the GRAND OPENING without a few pics on the walls.
Feel free to help decorate the Hamilton Forum.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
In the begining:

The Hamilton Watch Company was established when the Keystone Standard Watch Company was forced into bankruptcy in 1892 and sold at a sheriff's sale to a group of Lancaster businessmen whose "objective was to build only watches of the highest quality." During this same year, a merger was effected with the Aurora Watch Company of Illinois and a decision was made to name the new company after James Hamilton, owner of a large tract of land which was granted to him from William Penn and included what is now the city of Lancaster. The new company would be known as The Hamilton Watch Company.

When the watches were made in the USA...

·
Registered
979 Posts
Here are my two. A Men In Black II Digital and a Ventura Chronograph.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Hamilton Factory Model

Since I do not own a Hamilton yet I offer this picture of a model of the Hamilton Factory in Lancaster,PA. Happy New Year!:biggrin:

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Greetings and salutations to all you Hamilton WIS's, and of course, Happy New Year!:thumbup:

This watch is the only Hamilton I own so I may not be spending too much time in here other to enjoy and drool over all your very fine time pieces.:drool:

This watch was made by Hamilton for the Scottish Right, Southern Jurisdiction, issuing in 2001, as a numbered limited addition for SR members. This one is #505. It is 38mm with 18k gold plating and a hand painted double headed eagle on a champagne face with a quartz movement.

Shamefully I do not recall the number of watches made but as mine is 0505 the maximum would obviously be, 999. :blink: Or, 1000 in the unlikely event there was a number 0000:confused1: I think but can not be sure it was limited to 600.:confused1:

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Mgiraz, is that an original Ventura or a reissue? Either way the Ventura is a fine time piece.

The Pacer is the little brother to the "Ventura," with very similar case styling in a less-expensive gold-filled case. It was by far the most popular selling Hamilton Electric and enjoyed one of the longest production runs in Hamilton’s history—from 1958 to 1969, with an estimated 39,500 sold. Mine is an original, please note on the dial, "patent pending", as Hamilton just won the race for the first "electrical" watch.

·
Registered
262 Posts
@ Foghorn:

You have a nice display of Hamilton's, but the one that made me take a harder look was Pic # 5 :thumbup: with the brown leather strap. What model is that?

Gary

·
Banned
5,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
@ Foghorn:

You have a nice display of Hamilton's, but the one that made me take a harder look was Pic # 5 :thumbup: with the brown leather strap. What model is that?

Gary

That is the Jazmaster chronograph.
It was the most accurate watch I've ever had-nearly spot on.
I ended up selling both my Jazzmasters since they got little wrist time.
As much as I have tried I'm just not a "dress watch" WIS

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts

1 - 20 of 24 Posts