WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm sorta new.
A little about me. Have visited several times over several year, but never join in the discusses. I started a few days ago. I started with Invicta a little more than 4 years ago. I have 6 Invictas, a 9938C (two-tone), 9225 (the old Elite chrono, silver-tone), 9226 (old Elite chrono, two-tone), 9223 (silver-tone Speedway), 6867 (gold-tone), and my latest 0785 (Speedway IP black, DD). I bought my first three from Tom Palmer. I have 6 other watches of different brands that is not important to this thread to mention. Of course my latest is why I start this thread (again). After reading the 18 page thread that was closed in August of this year (I do understand why it was close, it was getting old) My question is, is there anything new to report. I did find something from viewing a number of these watches online and comparing them to mine (inspection date 12/2010). This may be old news to you experts. The model numbers originally were something like 0207-0209. They are now 0783-0785. Also on the older models it used to state Dubois-Depraz Movement on the back, on the later models (mine) it states Swiss Made Movement. The rotors appear to be the same. I even noticed on a silver-tone with blue hands on eBay the serial no. that is stamped on the movement was a slightly higher number (671829 or something, mine is 671759) than what is on mine, which may not mean a thing. I re-started this not to bash the brand (I'm satisfied with the value that Invicta offers, I have had issues with my 6867), but I find this watch (model) to be of interest. Partly because of what has happen. So anything new!!!
Sorry for the long start.

awk409ak

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
Hi,
I'm sorta new.
A little about me. Have visited several times over several year, but never join in the discusses. I started a few days ago. I started with Invicta a little more than 4 years ago. I have 6 Invictas, a 9938C (two-tone), 9225 (the old Elite chrono, silver-tone), 9226 (old Elite chrono, two-tone), 9223 (silver-tone Speedway), 6867 (gold-tone), and my latest 0785 (Speedway IP black, DD). I bought my first three from Tom Palmer. I have 6 other watches of different brands that is not important to this thread to mention. Of course my latest is why I start this thread (again). After reading the 18 page thread that was closed in August of this year (I do understand why it was close, it was getting old) My question is, is there anything new to report. I did find something from viewing a number of these watches online and comparing them to mine (inspection date 12/2010). This may be old news to you experts. The model numbers originally were something like 0207-0209. They are now 0783-0785. Also on the older models it used to state Dubois-Depraz Movement on the back, on the later models (mine) it states Swiss Made Movement. The rotors appear to be the same. I even noticed on a silver-tone with blue hands on eBay the serial no. that is stamped on the movement was a slightly higher number (671829 or something, mine is 671759) than what is on mine, which may not mean a thing. I re-started this not to bash the brand (I'm satisfied with the value that Invicta offers, I have had issues with my 6867), but I find this watch (model) to be of interest. Partly because of what has happen. So anything new!!!
Sorry for the long start.

awk409ak
First things first... Welcome to the forum!! Also you have a very nice collection and we would love to see some pics. I also want everyone to feel free ask any questions they want regardless any previous threads. Some threads feel like they could go on and on forever. When the topic becomes exhausted sometimes it helps to close it down for a breather, but that doesn't mean we can't revisit it later. Things change constantly (especially with Invicta) and we should remain flexible/willing to revist some topics that are importatnt to newer members.

Regarding your primary question... There is nothing new to report. Others may have different info.

It sounds like you have one of the newer ones that were released about a year ago. I'm not sure what the serial numbers reference because we checked (maybe it was me) by contacting Invicta and were basically told that they were meaningless. I thought we would track a production date through the serial number. Maybe it was meaningless to the person at customer service but I'm sure it means something to someone along the Invicta production line but it may forever remain a mystery to us.

I wonder if they will ever feature a DD mov't in one of their watches ever again. Maybe it would be best if they didn't to do avoid bringing up bad memories.

What issues were you having with 6867.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Patsbosoxfan,
Thanks for the welcome. I enjoy the forum, but do get tired of the constance bashing, it does get old. Everyone has their opinion and that is all good, but at times we beat it to death. I'm done! Will post picture after I figure out how. If you have tips on how, please let me know. Thanks.

You did not need to justify the closing of that thread to me (on the Speedway DD's). I agree totally it was getting old and people were just ramble on. A lot of finger pointing. I was reading it to get facts on the issues, which I did get a few. I just thought maybe after 3-4 months that there might be something new to report, without the bashing.

The reason for bring up serial number is to maybe identify something, and I know it may be meaningless. I just thought there maybe something to the number 671829 an old model and 671759 new model (mine, inspection 12/2010). The first three number are of the same series, which I would think just mean that the old and new models used the same series of mov'ts. The watch backs are different. The old models stated Dubois-Depraz Mov't, the new models don't. I just thought maybe this may have been part of the agreement between the two companies. I think the watches are cool and now have something of real interest to discuss.

I would agree with you that I doubt that Invicta will ever make these again. So with that said what does say about the one already out there???? I think I would certainly consider another one if the price was right. I got mine at what I consider a good price $575 brand new. Where do you get a watch with this type of mov't at this price. I know I just opened the door for all kinds of comments.

The 6867 gold-tone is my favorite (the DD is move up the list though). Had an issue with the rotor coming loose, sent it back with the $29, got it back 92 days later, but the date would not change. Long story short, called, complained, was instructed sent it back with $29, but inform them that I would without the $29. Got it back in 80 days. Everything is good, working for better than 6 months. I actually posted a reply to a CS thread a few days also detailing a little more of the issue, which you reply to.

Thank again,

awk409ak

1 - 3 of 3 Posts