WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys ! ! ! !

Time to show some love to the Walthams ! ! ! !

I finished up these three VERY NICE Walthams in the past week or so.

I've been so busy finishing up the book I wrote about Elgin Trench Watches that I sort of neglected the Walthams for awhile.

These pictures show a GREAT range of what Waltham was putting out during the Great War ! ! ! ! ! !

All three have a case made by a different company & country.

Dennison Watch Case Company: England

American Watch Case Company: Canadian Division, Toronto

Illinois Watch Case Company: United States

1915 Waltham, 15 jewels, size 0s, 36mm Sterling Silver Dennison Semi-Hermetic case with coins edge bezel & case back, this is HUGE for a size 0s, black enamel military dial.

1915 Waltham, 15 jewels, size 3/0s, Sterling Silver case made by the American Watch Case Company, SPRING BAR LUGS, lumed hands, white enamel military dial.

1918 Waltham, 15 jewels, size 3/0s, Sterling Silver case made by the Illinois Watch Case Company, thin spade hands, white enamel BOLD Roman numeral RED XII dial.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
That Black dial is just wonderful Stan...
Isn't that the same one you did on a solid gold version awhile back...
one of my all time favorites!

Very interesting that the inscription is on the INSIDE of that caseback...
From Mother???
Why would someone put it in a place that you would rarely if ever see?!?

Super stuff Stan:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Greg ! ! !

Yep, same dial as the one on the 18k solid gold Waltham trench watch from last year.

Maybe Mother did not to embarrass her son with the inscription being on the outside of the case back ? ? ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.