WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently throwing around the idea of selling my practically brand new Oris TT1 for a Hamilton King Scuba. I love the look of my Oris, but I'm just to afraid of wearing it around and messing it up, so i wear my other two automatics. The Hamilton seems to have about the same look (maybe even a little bit sharper, havent seen one in person).

Anyways...
What is the full bottom to top lug length? It looks like quite a big watch, and I have pretty small wrists, but my Oris pulls its big case look pretty gracefully.
Is it pretty easy to change the strap on these? Can the metal/Rubber strap be purchased from Hamilton?
And not to important, but... Does the arrow and circle on the seconds hand glow the whole hand? none of it?

I can't seem to figure out if i want the all black with rubber, or with SS... sheesh.

Also, if anyone has any of their own pictures, feel free to post them!
Thanks!

Registered
Lug to lug length = 49mm..
Easy to do a strap change.
You should be able to buy any strap/bracelet from an AD.
Nothing on the second hand glows....Hands lumed and 12 dots lume up around the edge of the dial...This is one of the better lumed Hamiltons.
I really like the black with red accents on the dial and rubber strap.

Registered
Mgiraz already answered your questions to I thought I'd just show you an alternative color.

I actually dont find this watch that big although it is a little bit on the thick side for a non-chronograph automatic.

Banned
Mgiraz already answered your questions to I thought I'd just show you an alternative color.

I actually dont find this watch that big although it is a little bit on the thick side for a non-chronograph automatic.

I love the look of this watch and it is one of three black dial Hamiltons that are on my list. If money were no object, the black X-Wind would be the one but this Khaki King is a looker. I really don't need another dive watch.

Registered
One thing that puzzles me...

Is the "Scuba" name, granted 100 meters maybe enough but ...so used to at least 200 meters W/R in much cheaper brand name pieces:confused1:...
What's up with that?????????:huh:

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I am a pretty big fan of this color. Hows it look on the wrist? My Oris (IMO) is a beautiful watch, but I'm a college student and I just don't think i need such a watch, I worry to much about it. Does anyone know the price of the steel band sold by itself?

Also... does the red stitching ones all come with the butterfly clasp? I swear the other rubbers don't have that....

Registered
I am a pretty big fan of this color. Hows it look on the wrist? My Oris (IMO) is a beautiful watch, but I'm a college student and I just don't think i need such a watch, I worry to much about it. Does anyone know the price of the steel band sold by itself?

Also... does the red stitching ones all come with the butterfly clasp? I swear the other rubbers don't have that....
I don't know the price of the steel bracelet, I'm actually curious about it so I may ask my AD one of these days.

The deployant shown here is aftermarket. This rubber strap comes with just a normal signed Hamilton buckle. As most OEM rubber straps that are not cut to size, they are typically quite a bit long for my 6 3/4 wrists, so I had to come up with a way to use this beautiful strap without the end sticking out too much.

I think this is the only aftermarket deployant that I know of that tucks the end of the strap underneath for a cleaner look.

Registered
Is the "Scuba" name, granted 100 meters maybe enough but ...so used to at least 200 meters W/R in much cheaper brand name pieces:confused1:...
What's up with that?????????:huh:
I think Hamilton took too much liberty is using the word SCUBA on this watch.

The fact that this watch has a display back, gave it 100M rating and then call it Scuba seems like an oxymoron to me.

Registered
Nothing on the second hand glows....Hands lumed and 12 dots lume up around the edge of the dial...This is one of the better lumed Hamiltons.

Hey mgiraz, Is the watch in your picture is a quartz version? I have not seen one of those in person and I kinda like the orange accents, but I thought orange was not available with the auto movement.

Registered
jas32Hey mgiraz, Is the watch in your picture is a quartz version? I have not seen one of those in person and I kinda like the orange accents, but I thought orange was not available with the auto movement.

You're good man! It is a quartz.

Registered

Just to update, I know this is an old thread, but some folks may still be searching. I have the stainless version of this watch, with the black face, sliver numbers, and red markers at 12 and 6. My second hand DOES have lume at the end.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.