WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I got the bracelet off my 1542 I noticed a date of 11-09,is that when the case was made or the whole watch?
I was told by the dealer I got it from (e-bay) that 2011 was the date of the watch. If it was made in 09 my 10 yr battery is already well used.
Anyone know about the date.

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
I have one that has 10-09 engraved between the lugs and have wondered the same thing. I think it might be the date the case was made, not the date of the watch assembly, if its even a date. It may simply be an identification/serial/batch/style number placed there by the manufacture for identification purposes.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Date on my 1542

patsbosoxfan, Thank you, I was hoping it would be something like that.
Does Invicta have a list of serial numbers you can check for assembly.

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
Most of the Reseve line have serial numbers engraved on the case back. I called Invicta once to see if they could find any information about my watch using the serial number and their answer was no. It appears that the only practical use for the serial number would be if the watch were stolen for identification purposes. Sorry Invicta does not go the extra mile in this case, but it would be cool if the numbers were meaningful and you could check a database to find out when your watch was manufactured/assembled.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Serial number on side of my 1542

That would be a great help if Invicta did it.I just can't believe the numbers aren't registered somewhere.

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
I'm sure its registered somewhere but it's probably with the manufacturer of the individual parts. Invicta probably doesn't manufacture the parts themselves and they probably won't ever release that information.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts