WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Cool Shep!
These are super examples of nice vintage watches that are still affordable
and look great on the wrist. That first one looks like it is almost Aluminum in color
(maybe it is just the light)
Thanks for sharing those beauties!!!
G

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi RJ007, Thanks.
I liked the watches they nave a nice face design and keep very good time. Your right they still are quit affordable. One I purchased in a lot of watches the other I purchased by itself.

The first is chrome plated with gold hands and lettering / markers. I like the dark red band it adds to the look. The other features on the face are illuminating markers. Here some new pics.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
I've had a couple Westclox watches over the years but I never knew that they were located here in Illinois! (far Northwest)

This area truly was the mecca of American watch making 100 years ago.

I hope those two teenage PUNKS that decided to burn down the old Westclox compound on January 1, 2012 are ROTTING in prison right now ! ! ! ! ! !

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've had a couple Westclox watches over the years but I never knew that they were located here in Illinois! (far Northwest)

This area truly was the mecca of American watch making 100 years ago.

I hope those two teenage PUNKS that decided to burn down the old Westclox compound on January 1, 2012 are ROTTING in prison right now ! ! ! ! ! !
I read about that fire when researching about Westclox, that is a shame. I hope like you that the two kids get their just worth.:cursing:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.