WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple days ago I was invited to attend, and possibly lead a session or two, a multi-day academic retreat to be hosted by my graduate program next spring.

The first train of thought that raced through my mind: "Which watches should I bring? The Cedric looks properly academic, but by then I should have my engraved decagon restored and ready for wear. The pretty little coral Olivia is suitably spring-like, right? Oh, I should bring something durable. The Seiko 5 will do, although I really do want to pick up a Citizen diver sometime soon anyway. I'm saving the Stowa for my thesis defense. Hmm. I'll have to think carefully about this."

The second thought: "Oh, so what do they want me to talk about?"

·
Super Moderator
15,657 Posts
and your problem is...what???

Cc, I have 2 watches just for going to the grocery store- depending on how short or long the shopping list is! I see nothing abnormal with your behavior.
Ooooh! That reminds me...Christmas shoppers. I need to get out my $45 plastic watch for the over-crowded shopping malls. I've yet to meet a thief or pick-pocket, but there's a first time for everything!

·
Premium Member
1,643 Posts
There's a lot to be said for Tom's rigid daily rotation scheme!

You are right though; one needs to factor in a little extra dressing time every day and, for those out of town excursions, extra planning time to decide what to include in that little watch travel pouch.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I have taken solace in the fact that I don't need to pack snacks for the 'watch pouch travelers'. :001_rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Well, I hope you're proud of yourself CC.......I just snorted cherry soda out of my nose !:w00t:

Reactions: stales

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
There's a lot to be said for Tom's rigid daily rotation scheme!
Yeah, I have been known to wind and set 5 watches before settling on a 6th to wear that day. This is what led me to the whole 'Themes' thing I've been posting on the American forum - too many watches to choose from without some kind of system! I guess this is what is meant by "an embarrassment of riches".

CoastCat - you do realize, don't you, that no matter how much time you spend choosing exactly the right watch for each occasion, the only one who will notice it is you? :biggrin:

I'm lucky enough to have coworkers who have been trained to 'Ooo!' and 'Ahh!' on request. :wink:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts