WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have discussed, with a couple of the very knowledgeable members here, the subject of the next watch I want to add to my little collection. I did this for the sake of seeking some advise but I found this one along the way and it sang to me. 14k rolled gold case, 14k solid bezel and virtually NOS condition. And now, TOO DAH !!

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
The pattern is full!

Is that photo your version of a MACH 1 flyby? I think I just heard all the crystals in my watch box crack.

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you ACCUTRONREDUX and SAM2. Do you agree with my conclusion that it is an L model Astronaut ?

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I'm not sure what it is. Some call it a "B" and that may stand for beautiful for all I know. I do know that if you continue collecting Astronauts, a solid gold "C" or one of those with a platinum case will keep you busy for some time. Now, that platinum number would be the true grail and more rare than sasquatch.

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm not sure what it is. Some call it a "B" and that may stand for beautiful for all I know. I do know that if you continue collecting Astronauts, a solid gold "C" or one of those with a platinum case will keep you busy for some time. Now, that platinum number would be the true grail and more rare than sasquatch.
I have never seen a platinum Accutron show up for sale but, if one did, I suspect it would take deeper pockets than mine to snag it. I know of a physician who would be after it. Hey, maybe we could buy shares in it and pass it around !

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you Akkatron. It's not the watch I was looking for but I happened onto it and the price was right. Isn't it amazing how often you find something when you aren't looking for it ? Now I'll return to the original search and hope I don't find it before I replenish the war chest.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts