WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
28,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
..... or, in classic Rocky & Bullwinkle alternate title fashion: How to keep your significant other's sticky fingers out of your vintage watch box.

Windy is getting this De Ville for Christmas:

She picked it out, but my offers to the seller were refused. Well, for less money than my best offer I managed to find all the same parts in NOS condition in their Omega wrappers and had Steve / N2FHL service and assemble it. She happened to be in the room when I was looking at a few listings and she saw Kyle's thread:

For Sale - 1930s Ladies Omega? | Omega Watch Forums

Usually she just walks away within seconds, but this time she told me to go back when I clicked to a new page. You know what that means. :001_rolleyes:

Yep, it's hers now. I look at it as insurance that she won't wear my watches. :thumbup1: For less than $500 all in including service and straps, I got her two lady's Omegas.

The one drawback is she still wants a blue dialed late 60's or early 70's lady's Seamaster which we were sniped on earlier this year. If she's a good girl maybe she'll get one for her birthday. :T

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Those are nice looking Omega's there & your wife will be very pleased Dennis!

That's a good thing & maybe she will be so head over heels for her gift's, that she wont bother your vintage watch boxes! :lol:

Good job man & I think your going to have a very gracious & Blessed Christmas!

Cheers, :thumbup1:
Jim

·
Registered
32 Posts
I am looking at a same model DeVille, but am still on the fence. The price is ok for the watch, but officially, my war chest is empty. Then again, I think she'd really like it... What to do, what to do?

In the meantime; congrats on the watches, and perhaps more importantly, on getting your partner interested!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.