WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi ..i'm new to all this:confused1:...can someone please explain the difference between these two models?...in online descriptions by sellers sites its unclear:blink:...thanks...new member,:D fred

·
Registered
788 Posts
The 4469 is a larger watch (43mm vs. 40mm) than the 9937. The 4469 has a black MOP dial whereas the 9937 has a regular black dial. The 4469 is Swiss made, while the 9937 is a Swiss movement watch, meaning the watch isn't Swiss made. The 4469 is a 300m watch vs. the 200m of the 9937. Some 9937's can be had with the ETA 2824, while the only movement in the 4469 is the SW200.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
So now the question: If you did not have any pro diver watches and you had to pick one of these watches, which one would you pick and why?

P.S. sorry if this has been discussed before. Also this question is for everyone.

·
Registered
27 Posts
you can't beat the classic design of the 99xx series, but if you have larger hands or wrists or just like a larger case, the 44xx series looks nice.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I'd pick the 9937. I already have one, but if I had none of those watches I would go with the 9937 again. It has the perfect size for my wrist -not too small, not too large-, the dial is regular black which IMO is better for dressing combinations, it also has a lume dot at 12 on the rotating bezel, the bracelet is secured to the case by screws instead of pressure pins... They both have the same movement, and both have sapphire crystal as well. The 9937 is almost 100$ cheaper.

I've never had a 4469 in my hands, but as the 9937's overall quality is great (not excellent though, but this are 300-400$ watches anyway) I think is not necessary to pay 100$ more for almost the same watch.

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
hi ..i'm new to all this:confused1:...can someone please explain the difference between these two models?...in online descriptions by sellers sites its unclear:blink:...thanks...new member,:D fred

the 4469 is an upgrade to the 9937, all the flaws were corrected.
the 4469 have better fit and finish, better solid end links, no holes in the case, nicer hands, bigger hour markers, and the best of all it is ALL SWISS MADE.

the 9937 is known to have many QC problems, as the crown causing the movement to stop, the date magnifier not aligning do the date, the screws on the side falling down and finding residues in the dial.

the better choice is the 4469, but if you like a smaller watch, then go to the 9937.

IMO

·
Registered
16,752 Posts
Tough question. The 4469 is bigger than the 99xx series, which is a drawback for me.
I'd going with the 2014 - if you can find one, which is my favorite Invicta.
Swiss Made (the 99xx series isn't), about 41 mm and a much nicer bracelet than the 99xx series.

The 2014

·
Registered
885 Posts
Tough question. The 4469 is bigger than the 99xx series, which is a drawback for me.
I'd going with the 2014 - if you can find one, which is my favorite Invicta.
Swiss Made (the 99xx series isn't), about 41 mm and a much nicer bracelet than the 99xx series.

The 2014

I second that.

·
Registered
865 Posts
That's a tough one. The 4469 has several upgrades (larger size, swiss made) that make it an improved design, but the mother o' pearl dial is a deal breaker for me. No disrespect to you guys that love yours, but I just think that the standard dial works better on that watch. Lots of guys around here love theirs though.

I know this is blasphemy on the Invicta forums
, but if I were shopping for an entry-level Swiss Made Pro Diver, I'd take a hard look at Grovana. You can pick up a brand new one on ebay for around $300 or you can spend a little more for an identical Debaufre.

All this talk about Pro Divers has me pining for my old 9938.

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
That's a tough one. The 4469 has several upgrades (larger size, swiss made) that make it an improved design, but the mother o' pearl dial is a deal breaker for me. No disrespect to you guys that love yours, but I just think that the standard dial works better on that watch. Lots of guys around here love theirs though.

I know this is blasphemy on the Invicta forums
, but if I were shopping for an entry-level Swiss Made Pro Diver, I'd take a hard look at Grovana. You can pick up a brand new one on ebay for around $300 or you can spend a little more for an identical Debaufre.

All this talk about Pro Divers has me pining for my old 9938.

i own both and the swiss pro divers have much better fit and finish than the grovana.

·
Banned
2,208 Posts
I agree with wilfred.

I had the Steinhart Ocean 1 GMT made by Grovana it is not better then the Swiss Made Invictas. On the Steinhart I did like the diver's bracelet extention and that the links were held with screws. But the Swiss Made Invictas have a better F&F over all.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts