WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have noticed a lot of posts, especially the first few in a thread, have words that are double underlined and when the cursor is placed and hovered over the word a pop-up screen is displayed. the most recent "link" has been for part-time work at $98 an hour. i unintentionally clicked the link and got an annoying screen which gave me a prompt after i tried to leave if i really wanted to leave. how do these advertisement links get inserted? what is next, advertisements to make something bigger or work better?

·
Banned
28,345 Posts
i have noticed a lot of posts, especially the first few in a thread, have words that are double underlined and when the cursor is placed and hovered over the word a pop-up screen is displayed. the most recent "link" has been for part-time work at $98 an hour. i unintentionally clicked the link and got an annoying screen which gave me a prompt after i tried to leave if i really wanted to leave. how do these advertisement links get inserted? what is next, advertisements to make something bigger or work better?
That's what the new owners of this site do - insert advertisements.

PATIENT: "Hey doc - when I click on a link it hurts!"
DOCTOR: "Don't click on any links then."

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
You must be very careful indeed to avoid the pop-ups, though and frankly, this type of advertising is probably the most annoying of all, not to mention that the ad in question is insulting to one's intelligence.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts