WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always wanted a divers watch and decided to get an Invicta 9307. I really like the look and feel of it however I'm having an odd problem. I first noticed it the day after I got it and found the date was wrong. This happened on a few occasions, I attributed it to setting the date at the wrong time, however after seeing it change a day one time, three the next and then one again I became suspicious. While at dinner with some friends, I looked at the time and found that it was over 20 minutes slow. When I looked closer, I noticed the crown was pulled out. On other occasions since, I have found the crown pulled out either one or two clicks. Seems that when I put my hand in my pocket, the crown catches on the edge of my pants and pulls the crown out. If it would only pull it out one click, I could live with it but when it pulls it out two clicks the watch stops and I have no idea what time it is.

Has anyone ever had this problem and are there any solutions besides selling it for a screwdown crown model?

Thanks,
Greg

·
Super Moderator
17,177 Posts
Hi fibersport-welcome to WTF!

Are you SURE the crown doesn't screw down? I've read several 9307 reviews that point out that it does.
Go look now- I'll wait............................................

OK. If it screws down like it should, no problem.
If it indeed doesn't screw down like it should, and if your service manual says it does (so far I've not heard of a Pro Diver that didn't have a screw-down crown), you should go and exchange it for a new one.

Yes, I've heard of this before- just not with Invicta. The wearer just had to learn to be more careful when wearing that particular watch.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I checked and it doesn't screw down, I hope you weren't waiting too long by the way. I read the description of an old post somewhere that did list it with a screw down crown back about 3-5 years ago but neither the Amazon or Invicta descriptions list a screw down crown now. I thought I read Invicta went through some changes about 4 years ago and some things had changed since then, maybe this was one of the changes? In any case, my manual is a generic one that covers numerous models, it doesn't cover any specific model. I loosened the bracelet a bit and didn't have one instance of pulling the crown out, maybe that's the trick. It's a real pain never knowing if your watch is accurate or not.

·
Super Moderator
17,177 Posts
... I loosened the bracelet a bit and didn't have one instance of pulling the crown out, maybe that's the trick...
Okay.......not what I was expecting. :lol: I love it when the simple (and free) fixes work! I'll keep my fingers crossed that this is the solution you're looking for.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.