WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased an 8926 and the automatic movement is very loud, when it is spinning around it sounds like a watch that is being wound up. Is that normal from the 21 Jewel Movement because I have a Seiko Divers watch and the movement is not nearly as loud as Invicta. Don't get me wrong this is my first Invicta and they are quite nice watches, but the loudness of the Movement does worry me.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Are you referring to the rotor? If you are, Miyota rotors are sometimes rough sounding.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I've had some automatics that are louder than others. I can shake my Orient and hear it while it's down by my keyboard but at that distance it isn't "loud" but is noticable. Now, up to my ear it seems pretty loud. So, without really hearing your 8926 myself I can't say much about it but I doubt you have any problems. Oh, and welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well that is good to know!:)

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Feel fortunate that you still have hearing that good.

I can hear mine, but I have to hold it to my ear.

I remember in the late sixties when Marines were returning from WestPac with Seikos that had very loud rotors.

Of course, I wouldn't be able to hear one these days.

·
Registered
32 Posts
The invicta I have was loud at first, but slowing seems to be getting quieter, or maybe it's just my hearing going out (j/k).

·
Registered
793 Posts
It seems about right. There is a slight noise but nothing to be alarmed about...... You want loud, you ought to hear the skeltonized rotor on the Android Icon watch. Talk about loose metal grinding loud.

·
Banned
2,860 Posts
I recently purchased an 8926 and the automatic movement is very loud, when it is spinning around it sounds like a watch that is being wound up. Is that normal from the 21 Jewel Movement because I have a Seiko Divers watch and the movement is not nearly as loud as Invicta. Don't get me wrong this is my first Invicta and they are quite nice watches, but the loudness of the Movement does worry me.

Thanks
As the owner of one myself, let me assure you it's normal. Welcome to the Original Invicta Forum!:biggrin:

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
As I am mostly a quartz owner myself I would not know but, I did want to take the time to say hello and welcome to the forum!:thumbup:

·
Banned
5,792 Posts
Hi Timeiseverywhere and welcome to the Original Invicta Forum. The Miyota rotar does spin easily and that is probably what you hear. I wouldn't worry since all of my Pro Divers with that movement do that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cool that is good to know

1 - 12 of 12 Posts