WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Watch Talk Forums!

Recently I've started to dig into the world of watches/horology. I did a lot of research before I bought my last watch, and wrote a blog post based on my findings. Have a look here and tell me what you think? I'm new to this world so I'd greatly appreciate your feedback either here on on my blog.

Here's the post: 7 Steps to Choosing a Watch

Thanks,

Michael

Registered
You seem to have covered everything. You could also add the few major countries that make movements and talk about each and it's quality: Switzerland, Japan, Russia maybe, etc. It's an important factor. Also perhaps include the metal from which the case is made out of. Stainless Steel, Titanium, Carbon, Gold-Plated, Solid Gold.

I'd lke to point out that 3 atm is almost as good as not waterproof. 5 atm is probably pretty safe to shower with. 10m you can swim with it. 20-30m you can snorkel/dive to a few meters. :)

https://www.thrillist.com/gear/what-your-watch-water-resistance-numbers-mean

Optionally you might want to look into watch functions. Date, calendar, moon phase, power reserve indicator, chronograph etc.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, dragcolo.
I have plans to write a follow-up article, I will incorporate some of your suggestions.
In the meantime can you suggest a suitable audience that might appreciate the article? Reddit? Watch blogs? I'm kind of new on the scene.

Registered
Well, the obvious target audience should be people that want/are thinking of buying a watch in the near future.

I don't know, however, how one could reach that target audience without being a representative of an important entity be it commercial or otherwise with proper marketing and promoting skills/resources.

Reddit to some extent.

Not sure if such people read blogs. If you don't already have subscribers/followers/watchers/etc. it's hard to get good coverage, no matter how good the article is, unfortunately.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.