WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Evrybody,
My mother gave me this 6536/1 from my deceased father.
Watch is still in good condition, runs very strong, so I doubt that the watch being from 1956/58 (serial is harder to read but I think it's 155xxx ) could be all original as the dial seems yet too good condition for me.
The bracelt is a nice Jubilee.
Anyway I would like to have your opnions about it, if it has some market value, just to know, as for me there is no price which can buy it as it will be always my father's watch.
I will take care of it so that in a few years I can offer it to my son in good order.
I think this model was the first used by James Bond on his first movies.
Thanks for your opinions.
A healthy 2013 for evrybody

·
Premium Member
2,088 Posts
Hi Evrybody,
My mother gave me this 6536/1 from my deceased father.
Watch is still in good condition, runs very strong, so I doubt that the watch being from 1956/58 (serial is harder to read but I think it's 155xxx ) could be all original as the dial seems yet too good condition for me.
The bracelt is a nice Jubilee.
Anyway I would like to have your opnions about it, if it has some market value, just to know, as for me there is no price which can buy it as it will be always my father's watch.
I will take care of it so that in a few years I can offer it to my son in good order.
I think this model was the first used by James Bond on his first movies.
Thanks for your opinions.
A healthy 2013 for evrybody

The watch looks correct, but what you have is a service dial replacing the original gold gilt Swiss dial..But in my opinion just leave it alone. Unless you find the original era dial.

Arthur

Some dial examples below

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MAny thanks for your sympathy.
I really have some nice Vintage but this one is out of my knowledge, anyway I found it very nice and as it was my father's watch I will left it as it's.
Anyway I already made a serach and found Original dials for sale on very bad condition and the sellers ask for a crazy price for them !!!!

Can you tell me which can be the market value for the watch with it's service dial ?
Thanks and all the best to 2013 to you

·
Premium Member
2,088 Posts
MAny thanks for your sympathy.
I really have some nice Vintage but this one is out of my knowledge, anyway I found it very nice and as it was my father's watch I will left it as it's.
Anyway I already made a serach and found Original dials for sale on very bad condition and the sellers ask for a crazy price for them !!!!

Can you tell me which can be the market value for the watch with it's service dial ?
Thanks and all the best to 2013 to you
Your watch should be in the range between $5,000-$7,000 for a service dial version and $10,000-12,000 for the correct Swiss gold qilt dial.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks very much for your reply.
As I thoughht it should have half of it's value for an original piece.
It's really much nicer on the wrist than on pictures even with this dial.
The dil has a very nice cream dots.
Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.