WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 6105 case with bezel and crystal with the idea of piecing it back together. O.K. i'm prepared to pay a good price for parts and I know it will be a long process but $200 for an incomplete
movement, no @#&%^*( way. Luckily I have 2 of the best Seiko builders in the business for advice. I was expecting parts to be pricey and this project is a bit of fun, but getting screwed is not part of the project.:lol:

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Your best bet will be to keep an eye out for a running 6105 dress watch. For a hundred, maybe a hundred and a half, you'll have a running,maybe even recently serviced 6105.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Hi Brian,

yeah these are hard to get parts for in good shape at reasonable prices.

There are very few 6105 dress watches out there that pop up, models such as the 6105-8080 which came with 6105A caliber I think which probably does not hack although a few might so thats hit & miss, and another like the 6105-8100 Sealion. These are but a couple models of 6105 dress and/or sports models made, and they only come up very rarely or much less than the 6105 divers do. They usually sell for a hundred to one hundred sixty dollars or there about, but these are a good viable option to keep a sharp eye out for.

You also could use a few other calibers in the 6105 that would work such as the 6106 & others like the 6309, but I don't think your looking to mod your 6105.

Here's a great deal somebody lucky got at the right time, these are the ones you need to be on the look out for that pop up with a low BIN price: (The deal of the new year I would think!)

Vintage Seiko Automatic 150 Meters 6105 Japan A 8110 | eBay

I'll try to keep an eye out for you,
Cheers & Good luck mate,
Jim

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
G'day Jim, Thanks for the info mate, I'll keep these in the brain and keep hunting. That ebay listing is unbelievable, I must be living under a rock or something, I've missed a dial and a caseback by moments and now that complete watch - - - it has got to be the bargain of the Century, well of the Month at least.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
LOL, I never saw it pop up either, or else I would have scooped it up.

It was bought shortly after it was listed, that how the great deals are scored by these sharp eye'd white sharks. hahaha

Cheers,
Jim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.