WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have been reading the forums for a while and now would be grateful for some opinions on the 5980/1A.

I came across a 5980/1A at a grey market dealer store.

He claims that the piece is new and unused and I have visually inspected it - comes in original box but the double seal has been opened but otherwise the watch is still wrapped in the original plastic wrappings.

I inspected the papers etc and all seems in order except that the name of the original buyer from the Patek AD has been written onto the papers and the watch is just out of warranty(2010 purchase date).

What is your opinion ? OFFER PRICE is USD 37.5k. How much disc vs MSRP would you consider as a fair price?

Besides the obvious (lack of warranty, reputation of dealer) what other advice can you help input on?

The alternative to buying this 5980/1A that I am considering is a 5711/1A from an AD but right now I havent found any dealer that has them in stock yet.

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
962 Posts
Have you researched other internet sites such as Chrono24............

To see what other 5980's are on offer and for what price?

If you not to concerned about the name on the papers, than I wouldn't worry about it, as long as you notify Patek, via their website on the change of ownership.

What do you know about the dealer and the history of the watch?

Does the paperwork match the number on the movement?

Hopefully, other members will chip in with their thoughts?

Regards

Tony

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.