WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a 500M-2 last Thursday, and it should be here hopefully Wednesday. I was just wanting some info from some owners of a 500M and how you are liking it. I'm looking for some info on the movement used in the 500M. Basically any info on the watch, as it is my first Lum-Tec.

I can't wait to get it, I tried to find a 500M-3 but had no luck, so I had to go with the 500M-2 but i'm very excited to get my first Lum-Tec.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I just ordered a 500M-2 last Thursday, and it should be here hopefully Wednesday. I was just wanting some info from some owners of a 500M and how you are liking it. I'm looking for some info on the movement used in the 500M. Basically any info on the watch, as it is my first Lum-Tec.

I can't wait to get it, I tried to find a 500M-3 but had no luck, so I had to go with the 500M-2 but i'm very excited to get my first Lum-Tec.
I love my 500m1. See my micro review here: http://www.watchtalkforums.info/forums/official-lum-tec-forum/46544.htm

It seems to be the weekend watch I go to most. It is a tank, but seems to take the inevitable banging pretty well. Also, it is my LT with the longest lasting lume.

You're going to love it.

Best wishes, Chris

·
Registered
623 Posts
I have the 500M-1, the stainless version of yours. First off it's as bright as you can possibly make superluminova, I use it as my nightstand clock a lot. The watch is very tall, you will bump it unless you're beyond careful. I dinged mine on a few doors when I first got thinking i was being careful but it's just so much taller than any watch I've ever owned.

I don't know what movement it is but the wind lasts longer than any of my other lumtecs, that and the kinetic self winding feature seems to work better on this watch than on my M24. I get the feeling the movement is large and heavy but the watch is so heavy you can't tell.

If Lumtec still sells the brown cordovan leather strap I would buy one. It looks great on black or stainless and is really thick. I rarely wear it on the rubber strap it came with.

One other thing, this watch is an attention getter. There's nothing subtle about it, it just gigantic. But it doesn't look gaudy like those big IMO unclassy Invicta's I see so many people wearing.

It's a cool and unique watch and soon when someone asks where they can get one the answer will be, you can't!

Here's mine on an orange leather strap that I don't wear often but looks sort of Baywatch.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
I have a 500M-2 and I love it. The movement is *very* accurate and I love the smoothness of the crown when winding it. Like Homebrw, I tend to reach for it mostly on weekends because it is rather big and heavy. I recently got a black Zulu strap for it and I really enjoy wearing it with that strap.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My new 500M

Just got mine a week ago. Awesome. Nice addition to my Combats. I put an Isofrane band on it and love it. Don't get me wrong, the LT band was fine and really comfortable. But the retro 1968 of the ISO and the thicker band at the lugs makes it a very special watch now in my collection. Since this is my first post I'll have to figure out how to take a shot of it with the ISO.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Just got mine a week ago. Awesome. Nice addition to my Combats. I put an Isofrane band on it and love it. Don't get me wrong, the LT band was fine and really comfortable. But the retro 1968 of the ISO and the thicker band at the lugs makes it a very special watch now in my collection. Since this is my first post I'll have to figure out how to take a shot of it with the ISO.

You have a pic of that band? I'd love to see it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had to send it in for service, but I will say Lum-Tec has the BEST customer service, when they got the watch they called me to let me know what was going on with it. I have never got a phone call from any customer service, for any product. I think that is just awesome. I should have it back by Friday hopefully.

I would love to see the watch on an Iso band.

·
Registered
110 Posts
could someone update this thread with pics of aftermarket bands.

Some of the older threads pics have disappeared.

I also just got my 500M-1 just today on the clearance sale. WOW this is great watch! Really not too big and great unique look!

It took the discount for me to pull the trigger due to some of the comments about the large size.

BUT would love to find a beefier strap to put on this watch. LOVE it so far!

·
Registered
7,764 Posts
I enjoy wearing my 500M-1 as well. It is a brute of a watch, but feels great wearing with jeans and a t-shirt or sweatshirt.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Not trying to steal modavader's thunder, but since no-one has posted a pic yet, here's a couple quick-n-dirty shots of my M-3 on an isofrane:

P1000388.jpg
P1000390.jpg

·
Registered
330 Posts
Yup; they're really soft-almost like 1/2 rubber & 1/2 silicone. It does a really good job of holding on the wrist; a top heavy watch like the 500m kinda moves around with a lesser strap, but not on the iso. And they have that vanilla scent, but not too strong. You might also see on my 1st pic that mine is cut; the stock length was just too long for my girly 6.75" wrist. 100 bucks is a lot, but you can always rotate it to other watches w/ same lug size (24mm in this case).:thumbup1:

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I love my 500M-3 on the Isofrane. It is the perfect match to any of the 500M's. Before the Isofrane, I had it on a Maratac Elite Stitched Composite strap with matching stitching. This was also a nice option at a much more affordable price. If you can swing it, go for the Isofrane, but the Maratac is a good option for way less money.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts