WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of buying my boyfriend this watch for Christmas this year:

Omega Men's 3220.50.00 Speedmaster Day Date Tachymeter Watch

I think it is classic and elegant...but it also happens to be the watch worn by the main male character in the 50 Shades of Grey trilogy. My boyfriend knows I have read those books, but he thinks it is all kind of silly. Still, I think it is an awesome watch. Do you think he will have an issue with a (somewhat shady) fictional character having (possibly) worn the same one - or will the awesomeness of the watch far out-weight and fictional connections it may have?

And what do you think about buying it from Amazon (see link above)?

Thanks in advance for your responses!

·
Registered
617 Posts
Do you think he will have an issue with a (somewhat shady) fictional character having (possibly) worn the same one
OR will he take it as a hint that you would like to experience the same adventures described in the book? :biggrin:

That discount is close to what you'll get from an authorized retailer. What you won't get is an Omega Warranty. Omega only warrants those watches sold through their authorized dealers. Your warranty will be through the retailer and whoever he can find to do any work needed. You'll end up dealing with someone else to get it sized anyway.

Most of us feel that the extra couple of bucks you might pay is well worth it on a purchase like this.

Steve

·
Premium Member
2,632 Posts
The general rule is wear (and buy) what you like. I experienced similar attempts at dissuasion when I picked out my SMP, the "Bond" watch. I didn't care about its correlation with James Bond, I wanted the watch because I liked it, plain and simple.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The Day n Day/ Date models of the OMEGA Speedmaster is the cheapest model of the Speedmaster series, what i would call value for money.
But the most popular of the Speedmaster model is the PROFESSIONAL series which will cost a lot more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.