WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not sure if any sponsors have the new Monster yet, sorry I'm not able to help with that one. However, I am very enthusiastic thus far, regarding the accuracy, design, and functionality (hacking, hand winding, screw down crown) of my first dive watch. As much as I enjoy those qualities though, I'm most enamored by the overall build quality. It feels like the entire watch was milled down from a single piece of steel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
5,010 Posts
Congrats guys! My local B&M dealer has incoming stocks too but I will probably not see them till I get back from travels. Yes, the new Monsters are shipping here in Asia. Not sure if Seiko has them in US yet.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks man. While I did purchase mine from a retailer in California, it can safely be described as a "grey market purchase." Came with all outer & inner boxes, and two booklets. Very factory fresh!

That being said, I haven't seen them at an authorized reseller yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
53 Posts
I always wished my Orange Monster hacked. I'll stick with my old one for the time being but maybe if I have a glut of money someday I'll get one of the new models with a different face color. The all black one with orange highlights is definitely appealing.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I wanted an OM but for what ever reason never bought one. Going to get one of these second gen monsters.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Sorry to say gents, I had to send mine back to Bluedial, the day/date wheels didn't line up even & the bezel was off center by a half click.
Other than those issues, the watch was awesome.

I suppose I'll buy another when I can examine one in person at the time of purchase, but even after all this time I've never found another watch that comes close to my trusty 6309-7040/7049...

Thanks,
Jim

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.