WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my SRP227 yesterday and got it all set up. This morning I set it to the Atomic clock and with the USNO clock at 0630 and I just checked and she is 8 secs slow at 1830,about 12 hours.
What is a good break in period for her to settle in so to speak?

·
Premium Member
6,203 Posts
Talking of 'break in periods' can be a bit risky. There are two camps on this. One believes that the oils and mechanisms inside an auto watch need some time to bed-in, improve viscosity, 'mesh' perfectly and the like. Others believe that a watch leaves the factory in as good a condition as it can be (other than regulating for accuracy perhaps), and from then on it will only wear out, deteriorate etc.
Some watches will improve their accuracy over time, others won't. I don't think there's a science to it, just anecdotal evidence of different experiences for different owners.
If you're concerned about a 16 sec time loss per day (which does seem to be on the high side), try taking it to a watchmaker for regulation. I don't know if you should wait for a period to see if it improves - it certainly doesn't cost anything to wait so I personally would probably give it a month or two of regular wear before deciding what to do with it.
Best of luck (and have we seen any pics of the new watch here?)

·
Registered
43 Posts
I got my SRP227 yesterday and got it all set up. This morning I set it to the Atomic clock and with the USNO clock at 0630 and I just checked and she is 8 secs slow at 1830,about 12 hours.
What is a good break in period for her to settle in so to speak?

I have the 4R36A in a Seiko world timer. I've had it for about 4 months and wear it 10% of the time. I will set it to the atomic clock at WWV in Fort Collins, Colorado and report back tomorrow with +/- figures because you've piqued my curiosity.

My watch has never been regulated.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have the 4R36A in a Seiko world timer. I've had it for about 4 months and wear it 10% of the time. I will set it to the atomic clock at WWV in Fort Collins, Colorado and report back tomorrow with +/- figures because you've piqued my curiosity.

My watch has never been regulated.

At the end of 24 hours my 4r36 was 23 seconds slow and after 48 hours it was 50 seconds slow
The model is the SRP129K1.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you every get your watch regulated,please let us know how she is after.
I'm wearing mine every day,as I like the size of it. I've got a couple of rubber dive bands coming,orange and black to try different looks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.