WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any comments about the lume on the 4469? I think I read somewhere that invicta used the trinite lume but I'm not sure. Mine is arriving on the 2nd.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Welcome reefanatic. I purchased the 4469 about 3 weeks ago and so far I think the lume is much better than my other Invictas. While Tritnite has been the butt of a few jokes around here (mine included) I have found that whatever is used on my 4469 glows pretty nice when charged up. At 4 or 5am it is still dim but readable. Much, much better than my other Invictas. :thumbup1:

·
Registered
759 Posts
Here's to hoping it's better than the average Cheese! Mine is "supposed" to be here tomorrow. But is still "in process" but I've read SHOPNBC has a habit of keeping that up and the item just showing up.... so... ?

·
Banned
5,792 Posts
Hi reeffanatic and welcome to the Original Invicta Forum.

On that watch, the lume is probably from Invicta's version of Tritnite. On some higher end models, Super-luminova is used. I think it is fair to say that the lume on many Invicta watches has improved over the past year.

Good luck and enjoy your new watch. Come back and post some pix.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for all the replys The only thing I have to compare it to when it arrives are my LumiNox watches. I love the tritium in the luminox but the capsules are very thin. My future bride has an old Fossil that glows like crazy when fully charged puts my $600 luminox to shame but the charge only lasts about an hour.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I was wondering about the lume. Is there a certain way to get it fully charged or just by wearing it during the day should be enough. My Grand Diver has awesome lume but it barely lasts. :huh:

·
Banned
5,792 Posts
The best way to charge it is to put it under a lighting fixture for 30 seconds to a minute. Or to let the sun hit it. Then it will really glow.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
The lume on this watch is average to me. The lume is readable at 5am, but my eyes have also adjusted to the darkness enough that the slightest glowing object would be viewable. I have let a few watches basque in the sun on a window ledge all day. Never hurts to give your lume a workout.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
The lume on this watch is average to me. The lume is readable at 5am, but my eyes have also adjusted to the darkness enough that the slightest glowing object would be viewable. I have let a few watches basque in the sun on a window ledge all day. Never hurts to give your lume a workout.
If you do "dive" on a cloudy day you may be in some trouble. My lume gets some use if I wake up and glance at my watch, no risk involved there.

You know you are in trouble when one responds to their own posts. But, who cares, it is a new year. Echo gets a little Crazy in 08.:w00t:

·
Registered
431 Posts
I have had the 4469 since August and I can tell you the lum is the best of any Invicta I have. It will last all night, it does dim toward morning but is still readable and when you charge it up and step outside at night it flat out glows. I think you will be very happy with this one as it is another example of Invicta quality for the dollar, its worth every penny.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts