WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you are excited about the 40mm Lum-Tec 300 that's on the way and would like to see a few more models in the 40mm to 42mm range? I know I sure would. =)

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I'm completely stoked about the 300M-1! It's the perfect "always in style" diver watch for my wrist.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
750 Posts
Question for Chris or Bes: I remember you guys said (I think it was Chris) that you were using the 300M as a gauge for how much interest LT customers had in smaller diameter watches. How's it looking pre-order wise as of right now: 40mm vs. 45mm?

·
Registered
164 Posts
I Wager most are Opting for Larger in the Diver since

Divers tend towards larger these days anyhoo, but I prefer em about 43 mm max
Doesn't mean we wouldn't like new models in 40-43 mm , AND I see reference now to possibility of a 40 mm cobalt/chromium for 2013 ; very good news !

·
Registered
15 Posts
During the design stage, I voted for 42mm instead of 40mm. But the latter won. I still think 42mm is the middle ground. Just about right. Not too small, not too big. To each his own. Some other time perhaps :biggrin:

·
Registered
272 Posts
I suggested a 40mm Bull and got zero response or support.

·
Registered
238 Posts
There was talk of a 40mm (or so) V series at one time. I was extremely happy to see the 300M-1 being produced. Not in the market for a dive watch, but definitely heartened that LT remembered there is a significant market for this size watch. Hopefully more to come.

·
Registered
7,764 Posts
The question of size is a personal as colour and as unique as your own body dimensions. My sweet spot is generally 40-45 with the sweet spot being 42-44, but it really depends on the watch. I'm glad that there is some choice being offerred by LT and it will be interesting to see how the numbers pan out!

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
I have learned through experience that for my 7 1/2" wrist 40-44mm cases are the ones of choice for me with 42 being ideal. My current favorite watch is my 42mm Omega Planet Ocean on the OEM bracelet. It is the perfect size and weight for me. My Planet Ocean is now the standard by which I judge all other watches in looks, function, size and weight.

I have a 40mm Lum-Tec 300M on pre-order and am eager to get it. It will be my smallest Lum-Tec, but I think it will be a nice looking and comfortable size watch. Cheers, Bill P.

·
Registered
7,764 Posts
Bill, my PO is also one of my favourite watches. I have the 45mm version and it is a big as want to with a watch. I could never part with it, it would be the last one they could pry out of my hands.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Correct. We will be offering the M Cobalt series in both 40mm and 44mm sizes.

40mm will be perfect for 6.25" to 7" wrist IMO. I have been waiting for this and now to jump on the pre-order.
It was stated that the bracelet will not be of the same metal as the case so to keep the pricing at the level of the Tungsten M series. So will be seeing prices around $1000?

Gerald

·
Registered
750 Posts
40mm will be perfect for 6.25" to 7" wrist IMO. I have been waiting for this and now to jump on the pre-order.
It was stated that the bracelet will not be of the same metal as the case so to keep the pricing at the level of the Tungsten M series. So will be seeing prices around $1000?

Gerald
I thought there wasn't going to be a bracelet at all included with the M Cobalt in order to keep the prices in-and-around the M Tungsten range.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I definitely think its what you become used to, I have constant arguments with friends who say their wrists are too small, but always get them to try on my watches when which fit their wrists perfectly.

It's the weight you get used too, I am wearing 47.5mm at the moment.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts