WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received a 3290 that I got for a family member for Christmas. When I ordered it, the description said chronograph. But when I press the buttons on this watch, all they do is change the date settings (month, day, day of week). I'm a bit disappointed as I thought I was ordering a chronograph.

Does anyone else here have this watch? the description can be found on this page: http://www.amazon.com/INVICTA-MENS-FLIGHT-COLLECTION-BLACK/dp/B000KL3BGO.

The next issue is one of the buttons, the one that is supposed to change the day of the month, does not work. A bit disappointin for a new watch, but I understand this model isn't top quality. I'm going to call the seller but I'm not sure if I should just return it or ask for a replacement. If it's not a chronograph then I'll return it.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
I agree with James13, they had chronograph in the description and it is definitely a multi-function. They misrepresented the watch, Send it back to them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
By the way cunparis welcome to the Invicta WTF!
Thank you! I just found this forum a month ago when I was researching the 8926 & 9937. this forum, and the reviews (especially the photos) and been a huge help to me. I got my 9937 yesterday and I absolutely love it!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
PS: If anyone can recommend another similar real chronograph, especially automatic, I'd be very interested.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
I don't know of any that have a similar look. I would just google Invicta automatic watches and I am sure you will find several Internet sellers that have what you are looking for.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Welcome to the forum Cunparis. If it's a chronograph you want, you might take a look at the Speedway series. If you are trying to stay in the price range of the 3290, you may have a tough time finding an automatic chronograph but you will be able to find a nice swiss quartz for around that $. Check out the sponsors, most offer discounts to forum members

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Actually Lightman is right, I have a couple Speedways and you will most likely love the look. Check out Tritons Treasures, they are excellent to deal with and they their prices are very competitive.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have 3 Speedways with another (all gold - 9956) on the way. I also have the Sapphire Divers which are multi-function, but have sapphire crystal, solid end links, VERY NICE bracelet (thicker/heavier that on 8926 pro divers) with scissor deployment clasp, Swiss Quartz, and no "INVICTA" printed on the side of the case. I've bought all my watches for under $100 shipped.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
To update the thread, I pulled the crown out to set the time and I noticed afterwards that the button for the date is working. It must have been something to do with the crown not being totally in or something. So it appears to be working.

I agree that the multifunction is misadvertised as chronograph. I asked my brother-in-law about it and he said he'd never use the chrono anyway so he doesn't care. He just wants a nice looking watch.

Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
18 Posts
$169 is too high on the aviators. I picked up this two-tone one for a gift for $79.95 shipped at Timezone123.com (don't think they have them any more). For the price, I thought it looked really nice when I opened the box and took a few pics. With sapphire crystal, good looks, and swiss quartz movement - it's pretty nice for under $100 - just too big for me at 45mm.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts