WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a Combat B10 that was stolen which I replaced with a Combat B11. I wonder if LumTec can bring out a 24 hour model with the 12 at the top instead of the 24. If so I will put in my order first.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Sure they can... but likely they won't.

Just wondering, why would you want such a dial layout?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On most watches the 12 is at the top, also at noon the sun is at the top and at 24 the sun is down which will be at the bottom of the face then. It is also different.

·
Premium Member
2,709 Posts
I guess a 24H watch would be nice for someone on activity military duty, but in that case isn't midnight zero? There is no 24 - doesn't the day end the minute after 23:59 at zero hour?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I purchased a B10 because of the uniqueness of a 24 hour dial. Unfortunately, shortly after buying it i realized that it wasn't something i cared for. It doesn't even get wrist time anymore. A great watch but one that i found didn't work for me at all and is now a paperweight.

I'm much more careful now with what type of watches i will actually purchase.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
"BrianS
I guess a 24H watch would be nice for someone on activity military duty, but in that case isn't midnight zero? There is no 24 - doesn't the day end the minute after 23:59 at zero hour?"

Yes BrianS you are correct with the 24 that it should actually be zero, that is one reason why I like the LumTec so much with just an arrow at the 24 or 0 position. I am a pilot and we use the 24 hour watch. I know the 24 hour dial is not for everyone but I like that layout.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.