WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was wondering how a V leather strap, the 24/20 with the rivet (?) on the end would look on one of my M Chrono or Auto LT's; anyone tried it? Have a pic or two? thanks!

·
Registered
262 Posts
V series leather straps are 22/18.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
V-series straps are smaller indeed, but the SC strap is 24-20 and thus will fit any M model.
The good thing is that you can nearly throw anything at an M and it will look good, so this strap will too.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
'

I guess I was thinking of the SC which LT lists under the "Extras" category; would still like to see one on an M if anyone has a pic; thanks

V-series straps are smaller indeed, but the SC strap is 24-20 and thus will fit any M model.
The good thing is that you can nearly throw anything at an M and it will look good, so this strap will too.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Lum Tec has the 24mm V style straps available through Extras with red, orange or gray stitching and both stainless steel or PVD. Sorry ...I've seen the combination and it looks great, but I don't have pics.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya, that's the combo I'd like to see a pic of and/or wrist shot !

Yep , I'd like to see how it looks!

Thanks!

Lum Tec has the 24mm V style straps available through Extras with red, orange or gray stitching and both stainless steel or PVD. Sorry ...I've seen the combination and it looks great, but I don't have pics.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Yep , I'd like to see how it looks!

Thanks!
Alright then, here's a quick mock-up to give you an idea. I didn't feel like actually changing the strap on my M50 :001_tt2:

I think it looks just fine?
As expected since there isn't much that doesn't look good on any M, you can vary endlessly with these.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks Good; thank you!

thanks for doing the mockup; I'd appreciate hearing from someone who wore one in this configuration; ie does it provide enough support etc. Many thanks .

actually changing the strap on my M50 :001_tt2:

I think it looks just fine?
As expected since there isn't much that doesn't look good on any M, you can vary endlessly with these.[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
You're not easy to convince are you :tongue_smilie:

Yes, it wears fine too...

I've changed the standard grey stitched strap for a red stitched on my SC-B2, and have worn the grey one on my M50 a couple days.
It wears fine on the SC and equally well on the M auto in my opinion. It's a good quality strap for the money.

·
Premium Member
2,261 Posts
Good mockup, CT. You're becoming a hand at this.

Personally, I don't like the Lum-Tec stock Vee-straps on Vees, let alone on M-style cases. They just look dinky, almost feminine to me.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Good mockup, CT. You're becoming a hand at this.

Personally, I don't like the Lum-Tec stock Vee-straps on Vees, let alone on M-style cases. They just look dinky, almost feminine to me.
Agree to some extent, the V strap is too small for my likings also. The SC strap which is the same as those found in the Extras corner is 24/20 wide though.
IMHO the extra 2mm width makes it look a lot better. Then again, I would have liked it even more if it just had the regular tapered shape and 24/22 size :wink:

Reactions: Ladd Gardner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts