WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pulled my 218 out to wear over the weekend. The battery is less than 4 months old, and I don't know what battery type it is. It had lost a couple of minutes since its last wear, which seemed acceptable. Corrected the time and wore it out and about running errands, no heavy stuff. When I took it off at the end of the day, surprised to see that it lost almost 8 minutes.

Put it back in the box and 3 days later, it hasn't lost any more significant time.

Has anyone else experienced this behavior? If it is a movement problem, I hate to put any more money into the watch.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Nice looking watch !
I have a about 20 218's and have never had that problem with any of them so we'll have to see what the experts say.
They can, like any watch I guess, do odd things as they get older. I have a Deep Sea 666 that has run accurately for years but lately has taken to stopping at 3:15 but I think I understand mine.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
First, that is a beautiful 218! :thumbup1: You don't give us any info about service history. That might help. Your experience is a little unusual. Maybe some with more knowledge of the Accutron movement setup can advise.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't know its service history. Got it off the bay and has generally run well other than it is on its second battery in under a year.

I was guessing in certain positions the battery is losing contact and the watch is stopping when I'm not looking.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
I don't know its service history. Got it off the bay and has generally run well other than it is on its second battery in under a year.

I was guessing in certain positions the battery is losing contact and the watch is stopping when I'm not looking.
I think it would be a little unusual for the battery to lose contact unless the battery is not the proper size and is slipping around inside the watch. Since you do not know it's service history and are experiencing problems, it really is advisable to have the watch serviced by a competent Accutron watchmaker. You indicated you didn't wish to invest more money in the watch but I really don't know any better advice that what I have given. The watch is attractive and, unless you are upside down on the purchase price, proper service would add to the value of the watch. Once serviced, it should be good-to-go for many years.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts

Sent you a PM

1 - 7 of 7 Posts