WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
One of the nicest 214 M0s I've seen. Very different.

I really wanted it. Forget the nonsense about it being an M7 movement. He got his adverts crossed..

Does that mean you got it? If so, nice watch. The case style of my "M0" is the same. Been at the watchmakers for 6+ months and I sure wish he would get on the stick and finish it! Last watches I will send to him.

·
Banned
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does that mean you got it? If so, nice watch. The case style of my "M0" is the same. Been at the watchmakers for 6+ months and I sure wish he would get on the stick and finish it! Last watches I will send to him.
No :crying: I topped out at about $350. Wished I'd gone the extra looking at it. Good luck seeing too many of them again....

·
Registered
326 Posts
I doubt it has the original movement. The hands and dial are all wrong for that case. Should have a "coin dial" or a "lightning bolt" dial like this

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
The description does indicate an "M7" mvt. The watch box isn't period-correct, either. According to accutron214.com, it was used from '63-'68. Yes, the dial and hand set are not period for the case. The dial is very interesting, though. Would be nice to make two correct watches out of this - one with period correct dial, hands and mvt. and one with period-correct case for the dial.

Here is my "M0" with original mvt. and band. Like I said, haven't seen it in 6+ months and am getting really antsy. The guy is now claiming his eyesight isn't good enough to see for proper phasing of the 214s.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Two additional examples of the Asymmetrical MO. These watches have the correct Germanium PNP (3wire) transistors. Bulova switched to the Silicon NPN (2 wire) transistor in the late 60's.

and a quick pix of one of my Spaceviews with the Germanium PNP trasnsistor

But if you love :001_wub: your Accutron, correct or not, who cares? Enjoy the awsome technology that still fascinates us today!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.